$5,000 to spend.....help

sinistr302

Established Member
Saw you posted in the velgen sale thread. Here's a pic to give you an idea of the velgen and coilovers:

2014GTSnow-40_zps66e76c84.jpg

nice!:rockon:

08mojo

Established Member
MGW for sure. Wheels & tires, and suspension. Those $1200 coilovers are no longer for sale... They are on their way to my house lol. But there was also another set of them for sale on here too for $1500.

Nice! I got the other set. You will not be disappointed.

Reelslick

Established Member
It's your money and do with it what you see fit. Maybe step back from the car for a moment a think about the future value of 5K. I don't know if 5K is a weeks/months pay etc. for you but I'm sure Grandma worked real hard and long to pay taxes and come home with 5K. Maybe put the money away to be part of a down payment for a home or pay down your mortgage if you already own a home. Investing 5K at 6% avg./year will get you an account worth 10K in 12 years. I would be hard pressed to spend "Inherited" money on car parts.

Fast_5.0

Established Member
I would spend $5k on suspension, wheels/tires, and cosmetic mods. To be honest with yeah, your car will beat most of the cars on the road as-is. You won't need the extra power right away.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
MGW shifter
Wheels/Tires
Suspension (shocks/struts/springs)
Aluminum DS
Axleback (for sound)

That should fit within 5k.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Ahhh...the catch 22 question when it comes to starting a build.

I always find myself asking this question as well when I get a new car. I look it at it this way, you will either have a car that looks fast but isn't or you will have a car that is fast but doesn't look like it is. Pick which one is more important to you at this time and then tackle the later secondly. Or save up to do it all at once and then refine as time/funds permit.

-Nick

Last edited:

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
Honestly man if I had 5k worth of free money I would only spend half that towards the car and the other half on bills, hell maybe even a vacation. Could be that im getting older but trust me re-think twice before spending 5k (at once) on a car.

Kornilov

Established Member
Saw you posted in the velgen sale thread. Here's a pic to give you an idea of the velgen and coilovers:

2014GTSnow-40_zps66e76c84.jpg

I know like a thousand other people have said it in this thread, but that thing is like sex on wheels. I dont event like black wheels on a black car, but that just blows the eyeballs away.

Users who are viewing this thread