5.4 4v compound boost gt47-88 with eaton on top

fastmustang70

Established Member
Well guys redid my setup car has a 5.4 4v with the eaton on top and gt47-88 on the car if some one has a email i can send my pics to and can post my pics up would help me out cause it seems i cant ever get my pictures to post on here got the car fired up and will getting to the dyno in about two weeks but if you remenber its more about those trck times then dyno numbers for me

f2hatch

Established Member
Here are the pictures you asked to be uploaded. Very nice. but where is the rest of your belt?
IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

fastmustang70

Established Member
Well my out set up i only ran a six rip belt and had no issue with my gts76mm and when i faded the 4788 on there it had a .96ar housing on it and cleared the 6rip belt the other day i put the 1.08ar and saw it hit the housing so i will have to do a change on one thing to put the 6rip back on it but not a big deal to do no worries be back to 6rip before the dyno and before the car with just a 4.6 and 6speed compound boost before went the best of a 9.59 at 142 so i cant see me going slower with this setup only faster boys car weigths 3840 with me in before every option on the car it came with

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Well my out set up i only ran a six rip belt and had no issue with my gts76mm and when i faded the 4788 on there it had a .96ar housing on it and cleared the 6rip belt the other day i put the 1.08ar and saw it hit the housing so i will have to do a change on one thing to put the 6rip back on it but not a big deal to do no worries be back to 6rip before the dyno and before the car with just a 4.6 and 6speed compound boost before went the best of a 9.59 at 142 so i cant see me going slower with this setup only faster boys car weigths 3840 with me in before every option on the car it came with

That Heaton is going to hinder that turbo. Don't be surprised if your car makes less power and is slower in the quarter mile. That Heaton starts losing efficiency right where that turbo is most efficient. It's really a double edged sword...

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I don't know how much power you're planning on making but with that turbo, it's going to be huge. With these set-ups, the blower spools the turbo (obviously). But it also makes the turbo(s) much more efficient and will allow the turbo to make it's maximum power. It's going to be ridiculous. Can't wait to see what it does once tuned properly. Nice looking engine bay!

cobrasvt57

Established Member
he was in the mid to high 9s if i remember it right.There are a lot of haters on these setups but often thats because they don't ever see a finished setup.Not to mention i think he's one of a few actually very few i know who's setup worked and he stuck with it.Keep pushing fastmustang70 i'm pullin for ya.

STERLING351

The Chuppacabra
Established Member
i asked this question before but never got a clear answer. At what point does the supercharger becomes the restrictive point? we know the turbo can out flow the eaton so when does it hinder performance?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
From what I've seen, the blower never becomes a restriction. This has been up to 1100rwhp. With a large turbo like the 88mm, it will be interesting to see the power potential.

It seems the main issue in getting these set-ups to work is the tuning. If it can be tuned properly, it will work well.

fastmustang70

Established Member
yeah there slim design my cars had them that way even when it just had the 76gts on the car ever runs hot with the a/c on in traffic so they work good

Users who are viewing this thread