5.4 4v compound boost gt47-88 with eaton on top

fastmustang70

Established Member
well we will see but i think we have the plenty of fuel now just need to find my boost leak that came out of no where but thats what cars do thats y we love them so much not lol

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
that boost leak is bright red and sitting on top of the motor, just put a damn procharger hat on that thing and it'll pick up power

Like this :D

IMAG0877.jpg

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Ohh really you tell me then..... I'm just saying it looks small!! It doesn't look like 3" but I didn't try to blow it up to life size and measure it so your right I'm just a dick. Carry on. Looks like he's building a monster but it also looks like he's on a budget with the 6 rib belt and stock fuel rails. I know the belt doesn't fit but you have to make it fit. That cold side piping looked like 2 1/2" to me but I guess not.

fastmustang70

Established Member
Boys ur right cold pipe is only 2 1/2 same pipe i had on it before with the 76mm setup i would buy rails if i need rails but it does not look like am going to be need fuel rails this car with the old set up went a best of 9.59 at 142 at 3840lb with me in and a 6 speed the tuner and me all ready know the car is making way more power then it was so i not really worried to much about the pipe now over the winter i am going to make new 3in cold pipeing thoe

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Boys ur right cold pipe is only 2 1/2 same pipe i had on it before with the 76mm setup i would buy rails if i need rails but it does not look like am going to be need fuel rails this car with the old set up went a best of 9.59 at 142 at 3840lb with me in and a 6 speed the tuner and me all ready know the car is making way more power then it was so i not really worried to much about the pipe now over the winter i am going to make new 3in cold pipeing thoe

Thanks man!

I thought that was 2 1/2". Like you said it will make but loads of power with that. But I'm sure it's choking that 88 down a bit. That's all I was saying. I never meant it to sound like I was calling your car slow or junk but home boy gave me a E whooping over it.

What kinda fuel you using? I may have missed it.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I don't know why Hellion had that small 2 1/2" cold piping. Maybe they've changed their kits now. I'd def. go to 3" or 3 1/2".

Yeah, put on a Procharger hat with the factory lower blower intake and you'd realistically lose 300-500 rwhp/rwtq in the midrange. Not a good option IMO with a stick car.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
One more thing I'm interested in is your piping/IAT management strategy.

Do you run right from the compressor to the blower inlet, or did you go with an air to air intercooler in between? If you didn't use an air to air, did you do anything to beef up your liquid to air?

I've got an HX50 sitting on my coffee table and I'm looking to compound as well. Just thinking lots about packaging and IAT management. I could either try to fit an air to air, or get an even bigger liquid to air HE and get some small fans and a shroud. Not to mention all the little details like reservoir relocations, radiator relocation, hoses, piping, etc...

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I thought that the Hellion kit comes with an air/air when used with the compound set-up. If it does, apparently it fits.

fastmustang70

Established Member
This is not a hellion kit by anymeans my car runs a draw threw mass sct 3000 in a 5in inlet tube car has a afco heatexchange on it with stock water to air intercooler under the blower and i have a 5 gallon water tank mounted in the trunk of the car.

The cause of the boost leak was just a few vacunm lines in the back of the blower that looked good but when you pressure them up they were leaking pretty good so back to the dyno and if all is well to the track where it counts

fastmustang70

Established Member
well best dyno number was a 875rwhp 915tq on a mustang dyno on 23psi but we do just short pulls so the tires dont spin on the dyno more worried about the air fuel is good all the way up to 7000 then a dyno number hp number went to track right after the tune let me tell you have to learn how to drive this caragain its so different that before just left the line at 7psi and just short shifted all the gears just wanted to make it down the track clean man car ran 9.73 at 143 and 116 in the 1/8 with shifting this car at about 5500 it for sure will go low nines am positive and about 120 or better in the 1/8 only thing was track sent me packing for no cage in the car 60ft was 1.505 The car was 3940 with me in it

Users who are viewing this thread