50,000 miles

03-LS1

Tonight I hit the mark of 50k. The car is so damn tough and reliable. I have never had the stall,tick or vibe. The only time it was in the shop was for a busted input shaft when it was stock(go figure). The car has been making 500 at the rear fo at least 20k and not one hiccup. I still have the stock clutch and shifter. But if I am to drag race seriuosly they will be replaced. All I can say is that the 03 Cobra has been one hell of a journey. 50k and running like a champ. Sure she has a couple of scratches but for the most part she is flawless. I considered trading her for a C6 in the spring but I quickly realized that nothing on the road sounds like her. The intense blower whine and hatefull exhaust tone tell me I have a keeper. Enjoy.

lifter213

Established Member
Congrats. I dont see how you can drive it still with the stock shifter. With everything else you've added or changed why not get a better shifter :shrug:

03-LS1

Lifter213, you are so right, I cannot agree more with you. The stock shifter is so terrible. I need to spring some loot for a new one.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Word on the street is that the MGW shifter owns all others! And damn that is alot of miles. Where can we see some pics of your ride?? :rockon:

craigs96formy

Established Member
Yip I agreee Jay, get a new shifter. That baby is a beast and sounds like demons from hell ;) Good choice to keep her, C6 is sweet but your car is awesome!

Hoping the formy might keep up a little better over the summer, got to buy a few mods :)

drkchk03svt

Established Member
lifter213 said:
Congrats. I dont see how you can drive it still with the stock shifter. With everything else you've added or changed why not get a better shifter :shrug:

Believe it or not but I prefer the stock shifter. I have had a few mustangs in my day and I loved aftermarket shifters but I hate how noisy and clunky and harder it is to shift. I have used steada and driven with a pro 5.0. All the same. My best friend has a 03 cobra and I told him to get the steada about a year ago when he wanted a shifter. Since then (including last night) when he drives my car he always says he wants to take that damn noisy steada off and prefers my stocker! I was not a big fan of the stock shifter till I got used to it. It is smooth and completely quiet. I bought a 35k sports car and don’t want it to sound like a clunker. If someone made a complete better system some day I would consider it. But so far I have not seen one. I do miss the short throw though but I get over it really fast when all I hear is my supercharger and exhaust! This is all just IMO!

oh and if you learn how to drive with the stocker you will never miss a gear while racing! I know I dont!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Drkchk03svt, you're not the first to prefer the stock shifter. We've had a few folks here go back to it after not being satisfied with the aftermarkets. Nothing wrong with that. If it works for you and you're happy, super! Nice mods you've got there by the way. :)

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
It's always good to hear the positive things about our cars. It makes me appreciate mine that much more. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my baby treats me that well.

Congrats!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Glad she's holdin out for you! I must admit though, I had no problems with the stock shifter and almost liked it more than my Triax. I think if I did it over again, I would just replace the handle and keep the shifter because it is nice and quite. I need to try Cobra Bob's gaskets and see how much difference that makes.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Thats great to hear man.As for the shifter I would try the MGW.I've had Pro5.0's on a couple of cars.They feel to notchy.

Users who are viewing this thread