50 Cal Ricochet

03DOHC

Established Member
You will shoot your eye out. Dude is lucky.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhysoS2DC8M"]YouTube - 50 Cal Ricochet[/ame]

svt_fan1129

Established Member
posted that last year on this site and i couldnt find it anymore, thanks!

edit; didnt realize that, it hits the ground first.

Last edited:

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
lol kind of reminds me of this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTmzqI0idOY"]YouTube - Golf Bird Hit[/ame]
how do you post vids btw?

nvm it does it by itself i see.

Last edited:

kuruma

Established Member
I'm not knowledgeable about guns like most of you guys. What happened?

03DOHC

Established Member
I'm not knowledgeable about guns like most of you guys. What happened?
He shot at something, a steel plate I assume, and the bullet bounced off of it then came back and, it appears, hit him in the hearing protector he was wearing on his head. A 50 cal bullet is HUGE and would have hurt like a mofo if it did plug him in his grape (if not kill him).

kuruma

Established Member
He shot at something, a steel plate I assume, and the bullet bounced off of it then came back and, it appears, hit him in the hearing protector he was wearing on his head. A 50 cal bullet is HUGE and would have hurt like a mofo if it did plug him in his grape (if not kill him).

I've seen those bullets they are crazy large. Plus I play a lot of cod haha. I'm a big fan of the 50 cal. I never thought it would bounce back, that's some crazy stuff.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
He's damn lucky it expended most of it's energy on the trip out, the strike, the return, which consumed a lot of energy since the bullet was now deformed and aerodynamically inefficient, and bouncing off the ground. Also damn lucky he had the hearing protectors on, as they absorbed most of the energy it retained up to that point. Remove any one of those factors and it could have been a tragedy. Still the odds of everything happening that way, in that order, my mind just shuts down thinking about it.

Either that or the guy is so tough .50BMG just bounces off him.

The odds either way are about the same. I hope they destroyed the rest of that batch of ammo.

Jim Snover

Users who are viewing this thread