500+HP cobras, what tires?

MY DREAM

Established Member
What tires is every one running, I am in need of some new tires and would like to know what are good. Could you please tell me what you have, how good they are, how much they cost and where you got them. Thanks.

James

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I have Goodyear 315 GSD3s on the back of my cobra on 10.5 inch AFS wheels. Stock F1s up front. Got them from tire rack. about 500 or so bucks, I don't really remember the price.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
damn it james, when did you hit the 500 mark.....did you mod more and not tell me??????

back on subject, just get the BFG g-force t/a drag radials like i have....they are unbelieveable!
-tony

yelostang

Established Member
I'm running 315 35 17 nitto dr's. They hook pretty good and I think they are safer in the rain than the bfg dr's. I also have ET streets for the track :)

Last edited:

MightyMo

Established Member
BFG Drag Radials 18 / 295's Great traction! Don't last long and are terrible in the rain.

I suggest BFG KDW's and go easy on the gas pedal.

MY DREAM

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
damn it james, when did you hit the 500 mark.....did you mod more and not tell me??????

back on subject, just get the BFG g-force t/a drag radials like i have....they are unbelieveable!
-tony

Well I'm only at 456 to the wheels and thats a little over 500 at the crank, but as soon as I get my new parts (JLT intake, and a RWTD tune) I'll be pretty close to that at the wheels. I wore my F-1's out after only 6,000 miles and had to rotate them. I need a tire that will last at least 10,000 miles.

Mustangscotty,

Ha Ha Ha, easy on the gas pedal!!! Thier is no way I can resist. Every day before work I walk out to the garage and see my Cobra and think to myself "Thats my Cobra and I get to drive it" It makes my day to be able to push down on the pedal and make the tires howl :burnout:

James

P.S. What aout the Nitto 555II road course tires? Anyone use those, need something good for the hard cornering too.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
500rwhp is too much for 315 Nittos IMO. I cooked them just like a regular radial. It was a joke when spraying.

I'm going with the ET Street radial this summer. We'll see how they do for a daily driver. I may have to go back to the Nittos if they can't handle rain.

Rwick7

Established Member
I run the 315/30/18 BFG Drag Radial and have no problems in the rain (even though I usually am not out in it)

And they seem to wear fine, to those that say otherwise have you actually had these tries or just speculating?

newwheels2.jpg

Oh yeah and they hook like a MFer :beer:

MY DREAM

Established Member
stlblack03 said:
I run the 315/30/18 BFG Drag Radial and have no problems in the rain (even though I usually am not out in it)

And they seem to wear fine, to those that say otherwise have you actually had these tries or just speculating?

newwheels2.jpg

Oh yeah and they hook like a MFer :beer:

Dude, those wheels are bad ass!!! What kind? where did you get them and how much?

James

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I will be getting another set of bfg comp ta Drag radials... 315/35/17 I have the KDs on right now for the winter, but new DRs are a must for the summer..

Fast04SVT

iv'e got the nitto 315 555R they hook pretty good on the street. if your wanting to drag a lot go with the BFG's like the silver car above has got. They are better for the track.

ps. I don't know of a tire that u will get 10k unless u dont spin.

Last edited by a moderator:

BADBOLT2

Established Member
I ran Nitto 305/35/18 DR's.They worked well in warm Weather,but when it got cold they hopped like crazy!I also only got 6-7k miles out of them. (no Track time)Also very Dangerous in the rain when they got worn!
Now i'm running 295/35/18 Michelin Pilots.Overall i'm pretty happy with them.
Better handling, cornering, ride quality.Traction is still pretty good.I still have to "pedal" it in 1st and 2nd on the street,but it's not a bad tradeoff.I also have ET Streets for the Track.

03-LS1

I run Kumho MX 295-35-18 and they DO NOT hook at ALL. I would get pulled by a golf cart if I raced it. I cannot breath on the gas without getting sideways. Drag Radials for the springtime though.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
What tires is every one running, I am in need of some new tires and would like to know what are good. Could you please tell me what you have, how good they are, how much they cost and where you got them. Thanks.

James

MT ET Drag Radials

Dont not pass go,Dont not get anything else!

358 for the set.....275/45/17s

They Hook and then Hook some more............None of this :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread