500 HP Lightning vs stock M3

M-Phibian

Established Member
Any moron with a license plate like that deserved to get smoked. Good job.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by ChrisNelson
I raced an M3 with a plate that red "UDLUZE" from about 60. We went to like 120 and I was 4-5 car lengths ahead of him. This is with my eaton, Bassani cat back, a 6# , and a couple of other mods. The older guy wasn't very happy. It was sweet, especially with my Girlfriend's father egging me on! :beer:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I guess I am also a moron. Mine says TRY-ME. I like it and most others get a kick out of it.

Originally posted by M-Phibian
Any moron with a license plate like that deserved to get smoked. Good job.:thumbsup: [/QUOTE

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
Did anybody else hear the L fall on its face on the 3-4 shift? Either he let out (which I don't think was the case) or he better get to a dyno tune quick fast and in a hurry!

tom vandiver

Established Member
L vs M3

I have never raced an M3, but they are no slouch from what I hear. I agree that an L with 500hp should run better than 12.8. My race weight is 5020 and with all the bolt ons and 75 shot, my best is 12.09 @ 111.56.

M-Phibian

Established Member
No, yours is simply a challenge, Chris. Your plate is saying "try me, let's see what happens." Nothing wrong with a challenge.

But somethng that says "you'd lose" is awfully presumptious. A plate like that might work if you're making 900 HP...but that's about it.

Originally posted by ChrisNelson
I guess I am also a moron. Mine says TRY-ME. I like it and most others get a kick out of it.

Any moron with a license plate like that deserved to get smoked. Good job.:thumbsup: [/QUOTE

Last edited:

irelandn2000

Established Member
I'm not trying to pick a fight but my L sounds alot louder than that and it's stock. I heard no whine and no rumble, it sounds like a f-150 with pipes. Also I raced an M3 from a roll and we were dead even, until it came time to stop and he stopped on a dime and i stopped on a pizza. :)

swiseuf

Established Member
Hey dumbass, I WASN'T being sarcastic. When I said "nothing like hearing it from the experts", I meant it.

I was saying there's nothing like hearing it from the guys that actually own/race Lightnings. Why are you the only one that didn't get it? Are you so insecure you immediately assume someone is putting you down when they actually aren't? Ignorant POS, you're worse than a girl. :rolleyes:

Hey dingleberry-
If I really was bothered by your post, I would not have reached into the depths of WWF/The Rock quotes to get my point across.

Also, is it me, or is that L running down the M-3 at the end of vid? By the time the L shifts andf begins to put power down in the right RPM range, the M-3 starts to get reeled back a bit...

M-Phibian

Established Member
It's just you Dingleberry. The M obviously let off the gas.

Originally posted by swiseuf

Also, is it me, or is that L running down the M-3 at the end of vid? By the time the L shifts andf begins to put power down in the right RPM range, the M-3 starts to get reeled back a bit...

RedFire2003

Established Member
BS no way I had a 02 L before the Cobra and with a CAI, Headers chip, Pulley and Mufflers I killed my friends 02 M3 everytime we raced from a Roll or a dig untill around 110 then he said goodbye So I added a 125 shot and he wouldnt race me again :D:D:D:D:D

M-Phibian

Established Member
Wow. I've never seen a E46 M3 run that slow in the 1/4. E36's yes, but never a '01 and up. That would be like seeing a 2003 or newer Cobra only run a 13.5.

Here's a vid of Lee Rutter running a 12.49 @ 109 with only U/D pulleys and Software on OEM tires. He previously ran a 12.72 @ 107 bone stock.

http://www.daftproductions.com/videos/M3_12-497_109-30.mpg

Originally posted by RedFire2003
Forgot to mention I have never seen an M3 run faster then a 13.9 in the quarter and I have seen a few here.

Last edited:

Panhandle_ws6

Established Member
Originally posted by o3Cobra777
it cant be 500hp

beause there is a guy on here w/ the KB S/C on his harley Truck which put down 513, and he runs a 12.8 so there ya go

how much do the harley trucks weigh??

Devolver

Hey there, Im new to the forum. Im the owner of the M3, and my buddy does in fact have a KB on there. As a matter of fact, I will take video of it this weekend, show you under the hood, and show you how much boost hes running...

As far as the KB whine missing? Here ya go:

Same lighting as in the race :)

That lightning is no joke, but neither is the M3.

Also, heres a second run:

2nd run

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread