530 hp cam only gto

tistan

Established Member
Im not an lsx guy. I just think it is funny how if they don't have a power adder they all claim cam only. I figured I would have a little fun and do the same thing.

77triumph408

Established Member
its like some cobra guys claiming pulley only. Everyone knows that they didnt put a 2.76 or whatever on an otherwise stock cobra (or shouldnt have).

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
its like some cobra guys claiming pulley only. Everyone knows that they didnt put a 2.76 or whatever on an otherwise stock cobra (or shouldnt have).

I've never seen anyone say pully only. I've seen pullied, which means it has a pulley but it's not the only thing.

Most LSx motors we hear about should be known as cammed LSx motors, not cam only...

77triumph408

Established Member
Right i totally agree it is not the best term to describe the mods. But most car guys should know that you cant put a cam in an otherwise stock car, some sort of supporting mods are needed.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Right i totally agree it is not the best term to describe the mods. But most car guys should know that you cant put a cam in an otherwise stock car, some sort of supporting mods are needed.

I get that.

Here's how I think of it.

I have a chocolate cake, 3 muffins, and a cupcake for desert. If someone asks me what I had for desert, I don't say "Cake only" because it's the most important thing, I say "Cake, 3 muffins, and a cupcake" because I had them all.

ABrown

Established Member
By cam only you mean 427 LS7 swap with a cam right? HAHA I thought I was bad when I said my car was mostly stock. Is that LS7 a bolton? lol :dw:

JMD0346

Established Member
So this thing picked up 200rwhp+/- with some bolt=ons and a cam? Come on now. I mean they make what 320-340rwhp stock?

Edit: I see now the 427 bolt-on. Good numbers.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I guess it's like when a guy ask what's done to my car and I can tell he knows nothing about them. I just say pulleys and exhaust and filter. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread