530 hp cam only gto

30th T/A

Established Member
Cam only is the LSX standard. No'one cams a LSX and keeps the stock shit exhaust, stock TB, stock air induction setup unless thier a freaking retard. So when you hear cam ONLY, rest assure that he has the normal bolt ons as well. Yes to be "correct" they should say cam AND boltons. Same would go for heads n cam...once again, they probably have the standard boltons but with ported heads & after market cam.

brandonmsa

LS1killer killer LOL
Established Member
LOL you guys are funny.

With LSX's I would say all other mods are standard. The only time to mention anything else is if you don't have it. example If I said my car is cam only with a stock intake or stock exhaust etc.

I guess we are just so used to everyone with a moded LSX already having all the other stuff. If not they would tell us:-D

I guess it would go: Stock < Bolt ons < Cam only < Cam heads

If you have the last one you have all below it(unless otherwise noted), because most folks wouldn't do heads and then do bolt ons and then do a cam.

Me, I just say all motor. I have about everything on a stock displacement LS1, but I don't have a power adder

Last edited:

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Ahh yes, alot of my friends where at that dyno day. I saw the vid of it dynoing as well. Doesn't your wife go to AASU? I could swear i've seen that car there as well.

Good numbers :)

tmaschm

Established Member
I'm an LSx guy and this was even confusing to me at first ford_racer has hit it spot on though.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Those numbers seem a bit high for a cam only ls2

+5 one of my buddies has a cam kooks lt's stainless exhaust tune s&b intake and he put down a little over 400 i think 430 or so. 12.5's all day

edit ha ls7 Sn3aKy sn3AkY

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Ive seen and heard this car in person itssss simply Nasty. There was also a procharged and cammed 04 GTO at the dyno day that put down 640 rwhp on 9.5 psi.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
It dynoed 525 a year ago. It had stock mufflers then. I just got done putting a bassani catback on it. I am guessing that is where it picked up the 5 extra ponys.
LMFAO Unless you have a big stroker motor there is no way in hell that LS2 is going to put out anything close to 500rwhp with just a cam and full bolt on's. So go post that on the GTO site and see how many people call bull shit on you. I know more about LSX motors then I do about Mod motors and that right there just isn't going to happen.

Now I see that it has a 427 LS7 motor. Yeah Full exhaust and a nice cam I can see that making those numbers if not more.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
Honestly 530whp from a full bolt on/cam LS7 is pretty crappy
60 rwhp gain is pretty good considering how good a stock ls7 runs.
I am guessing that it has a pretty mild tune. This car can be a daily driver. Also the 1 3/4 headers are holding back some more power. She has talked about putting headers with bigger primarys on it, but she got good price from Tiberio for a twin turbo setup. If she goes that route there is no need for new headers.

1.8t

Established Member
Well, I have alway been under the impression that most I/H/E+tune LS7's make 500+rwhp. Meaning even the babiest of cams should make more than ~20whp, but I could be wrong.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Edit : decent numbers, didn't realize this was an LS7 car. Must be a mild cam/tune.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
Well, I have alway been under the impression that most I/H/E+tune LS7's make 500+rwhp. Meaning even the babiest of cams should make more than ~20whp, but I could be wrong.

After you said your first post about low numbers I went over to the zo6 boards to see what they were making with similar mods. They do make about 15 more hp than the gto. I didn't realize that the exhaust on the zo6 is a full 3" vs the 2 1/2" on the gto, and the zo6 exhaust becomes basically a strait through exhaust when it is at wide open throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread