550rwhp cobra vs camaro ls1

Jsak

Established Member
camaro is making 460rwhp with a heads and cam. would he cobra beat it in a roll race or from a dead stop. Cobra has stock eaton with stage 5 port and irs.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Way too vague to give you a real answer. That 460rwhp LS1 could weigh 2,900lbs,
have a 9", a TH400, 28" slicks & skinnys, etc, etc, etc....or it could simply be a head/cam/bolt on car with a stock T56.

Setup is what matters.

550rwhp ported Eaton?

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Very vauge, though I going to say the Cobra will win by
a mile. and of course it has nothing to do with me owning one. :coolman:

mysticalZ28

Not fast enough
Established Member
A good aggressive h/c with all the supporting mods might get you close to 460 rwhp but most normal h/c swaps with supporting bolt ons will get you into the 425-450 rwhp range.

Can you get 550rwhp out of a stage 5 ported eaton?

CobraRyan

Banned
I think a ported eaton with a 2.76 upper can take a h/c bolt-on ls1. Once the ls1 starts spraying then the cobra will need a lower and probably a small dry shot.

TrickStang37

Established Member
A good aggressive h/c with all the supporting mods might get you close to 460 rwhp but most normal h/c swaps with supporting bolt ons will get you into the 425-450 rwhp range.

most even ported will not. more realistically would be 500-525 rwhp.

Jroc

Established Member

If you mod it enough yes. Most Terminator owners think simple boltons + more efficient blower + upping their boost + good tune when modding their cars. Many don't take into account that you can port the heads, cam it, add longtubes, add a electric water pump, stoker motor, etc, because that stuff is expensive, harder to do, and doesn't give you the HP per $, and effort the usually mods do. I know a guy making almost 600 SAE HP, and over 600 STD HP with a ported blower Cobra on a stock bottomend and its not even a stage V. About everything else on his car is modded though.

AaronK

Established Member
When my 03 was stock I was door to door with a 396hp T/A (just a cam and tune) I was at 388hp... We raced like 36 times :shrug:

I would say it should be a good run...

Users who are viewing this thread