56 F100 Lightning Project

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
if you need any parts, let me know I may have some left over. If I see 53-55 and 56 parts, I buy them just in case my fellow Effie-builders need them.

BillsSnake

I have done two 56 Ford F 100's -- one a ProStreet with a 460-C6-9inch out of a Lincoln. You are going to have one awesome truck. My original one was stock, sorta, and I was a member of Pickups Ltd in Southern California

wheelhopper

Established Member
That is cool. I had a 53 F100 which is very similiar. Wish I still had it.

This project may make me want to get another and duplicate it.

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Does anybody know if there's an update on this project?? This is a badass project that I wish I had the $$$ for. I was looking thru my subscribed threads and was wondering if there was any updated pics or news.

Thanks,
Frank

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Got an email back from Tom. he said he's been busy working on a Sunbeam Tiger project, and hasn't touched the '56 this year. He's hoping to get back on it around June.

He said he will keep us updated after getting back on the project. He also said anybody that is planning on starting a similar project should contact him for help or info. He has special parts he had to fabricate.
mailto:[email protected]

-Frank

56lightning

Established Member
I am happy to announce that work on the 56 has finally resumed after 6 years. I have finally finished some of the other projects that were taking my time and money. SO far I dont have any new pics because I am mostly working on wiring and theres not much to see. Plan is to get it running/driving and put a few thousand miles to perfect everything mechanically, then completely disassemble, box the frame, add some goodies to the motor and do the paint work.

56lightning

Established Member
Thought i would post a quick pic from today. Assembled the bed and running boards in preperation for the exhaust work. Got it running last week and a few weeks away from having it on the road

2012-08-27_08-43-31_564.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread