5BANERZ Build Thread

5BANERZ

Established Member
So much for keeping the car stock, dropped it off last night to begin the mods. List of mods include:

2.396 Upper Pulley
10% Lower Pulley
FRPP 65mm Throttle Body
JLT CF Intake
ID 1000 Injectors
KB Comp BAP
Lund Racing 93 and E85 tunes
ARP 1 7/8 Header and off-road H pipe
Revan Racing BMR Suspension Kit
Dead Hooker Rear Springs
FRPP 3.73 Gears
Moser 31 Spline Axles
Spec-P Clutch
Braided Clutch Line
Barten Shifter with Shelby America Red/White GT500 Ball
Nitto NT555R 305/35R20 rear tires
BMR driveshaft loop
Amsoil fluids front to back

Here is the first pic of the build

image_zps903c84a3.jpg

Last edited:

5BANERZ

Established Member
Thats gonna be bad ass! Where in Mi are you having the work done?

A friend of Van's (Revan Racing) down in the Detroit area. For the next couple weeks we are calling it Revan Racing North.:)

Last edited:

MCDEV

Established Member
A friend of Van's (Revan Racing) down in the Detroit area. For the next couple weeks we are calling it Revan Racing North.:)

Awesome! I just got my car a little over a week ago and I have been looking at parts on his site non stop. Hopefully I can afford to start modding in the next month or 2 and I was wondering about who I could take the car to for stuff I couldn't handle myself without a lift etc.

Can't wait to see the finished product. :rockon:

By the way did you go with the red finished BMR stuff? I think that and beefing up the rear end is where I am going to start before I mess with the motor.

MCDEV

Established Member
Freakin sweet dude! I'm getting the mod bug hard core and I think the fact that this car is local isn't helping either. I have a feeling that my warranty is going to be completely vaporized by summer.:burnout:

my13Elenor

Established Member
So much for keeping the car stock, dropped it off last night to begin the mods. List of mods include:

2.396 Upper Pulley
10% Lower Pulley
FRPP 65mm Throttle Body
JLT CF Intake
ID 1000 Injectors
KB Comp BAP
Lund Racing 93 and E85 tunes
ARP 1 7/8 Header and off-road H pipe
Revan Racing BMR Suspension Kit
Dead Hooker Rear Springs
FRPP 3.73 Gears
Moser 31 Spline Axles
Spec-P Clutch
Braided Clutch Line
Barten Shifter with Shelby America Red/White GT500 Ball
Nitto NT555R 305/35R20 rear tires
BMR driveshaft loop
Amsoil fluids front to back

Here is the first pic of the build

image_zps903c84a3.jpg
Awesome, congrats, also from MI, I used to have my work done at Walsh Motorsports, is that where by chance? I have done everything you are doing except dead hooker springs, I have Ford Racing, let us know what you think about those, also I was told a 10% overdrive and 2.396 upper would create to much boost for 93 octane, and push the efficiency of the blower beyond its capability? Are you mostly going to run E-85? Just curious...

5BANERZ

Established Member
Awesome, congrats, also from MI, I used to have my work done at Walsh Motorsports, is that where by chance? I have done everything you are doing except dead hooker springs, I have Ford Racing, let us know what you think about those, also I was told a 10% overdrive and 2.396 upper would create to much boost for 93 octane, and push the efficiency of the blower beyond its capability? Are you mostly going to run E-85? Just curious...

I am planning to run E85 all the time. The 93 will be my backup in case I ever get somewhere and can't find the corn. As for the build, I've got a friend of Van's doing the work. Lots of experience on Shelby's as you can see by the 3 in the background of my parts pile pick.

5BANERZ

Established Member
Freakin sweet dude! I'm getting the mod bug hard core and I think the fact that this car is local isn't helping either. I have a feeling that my warranty is going to be completely vaporized by summer.:burnout:

MCDEV, I hear you saw my car. Hoping to make it down to Troy this weekend to check out the progress. If I confirm a trip down I will let you know in case you have time to swing by.

MCDEV

Established Member
MCDEV, I hear you saw my car. Hoping to make it down to Troy this weekend to check out the progress. If I confirm a trip down I will let you know in case you have time to swing by.

Yeah man, I'm getting amped up for sure. That black 14 sounds freakin SIIIIICK!:rockon: I need to email Van and ask him like 8 million questions. I am trying to do as much research as possible so I don't waste too much of his time asking stupid noob questions.

1912273_770310376319969_539816616_n.jpg

Ill meet up with you down there for sure. Let me know I am pretty close by the shop.

NELCO

Established Member
5BANERZ.........................................Awesome build..... You picked the right guy by using Van. Looks like you want to the strip Hard.................. Keep us informed with your build......................................................
Nelco:beer::beer:

5BANERZ

Established Member
Going to roll with the stock catback?

Rancid, yes on the stock cat back for now. We will see how it sounds. I'm hoping to retain some of that stock sound as I love the way the stock exhaust sounded. Guess I will know in about a week when she comes back alive.

5BANERZ

Established Member
Revan Racing North FTW!! Looking good!

Thanks again Van. We are also doing some prep work for a certain yellow Revan Racing accessory that Dave has laying around the garage. Rear end went back in last night. I'll have to get that pic posted tonight.

5BANERZ

Established Member
Here are a few more pics. Off to the dyno in the morning. Not sure how much time we will get b/c they are working us in early. At a minimum we will finish the 93 tune with Lund and if time permits we will try to bang out the corn tune.

Finished_zps40639dd5.jpg

Clutch_zps883ebe2e.jpg

And the Barton shifter I had polished, still has to be installed. Pen is to show reflection.
Shifter_zpsbf2eae51.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread