5W/40 Full Syn

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I use synthetic but hey I work for the worlds largest additives plant. I should know a little about oil, just ask Mr. Buffet
My earlier post was just a joke but if you couldn't tell that then that sucks for you.

Are you talking to me? Cause I think I made it pretty clear by quoting someone that wasn't you, that I wasn't referring to your post...

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Are you talking to me? Cause I think I made it pretty clear by quoting someone that wasn't you, that I wasn't referring to your post...

Settle down, you did say more bad advice which was referring to my post as well but you did quote someone else. Honestly don't care and I do play around from time to time.

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Does one oil make more power than others? I've heard from a reliable source that castroll syntec makes the most power and now I'm torn because I'm using amsoil 10-40 and debating on changing. I've read most of the very extensive thread about protection but I don't believe there's any mention on power production. I know if there is a difference that it's probably so small that it's a mute point but if one oil makes 15-20 more rwhp you better believe I'm going to give it a try. Anything for some free HP lol

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There's no way in hell if ever believe that oil alone would increase RWHP to the point of any noticeable or measurable amount.

ZX6Ray

Established Member
I think pistolWhip is the only one in here making logical sense. Just because you mop the floors at an additives plant doesn't make you an expert in engine oil.

I use amsoil sig series 5W-30 for cold months and 10W-30 for the warm months all with excellent oil analysis results. It's amazing the kind of people who are ignorant (or stupid) to the fact of knowing what is best for the longevity of an expensive vehicle. This car deserves more... smh

ZX6Ray

Established Member
Somebody is salty, besides I mop too, somebody has to clean up my mess. I'll gladly do what I do for over $100k who wouldn't

Sorry, I hate these kind of useless threads when it has been beaten to death. We have an oil thread here that has been going on for months with oil analysis results for all kinds of oil.

Users who are viewing this thread