6.4L Hemi

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Yeah, I just wanted to bring it up in here. A know your enemy kinda thing.

Ya they are probably trying to keep up with the new z28 camaro comming out and the fact our gt500 and 5.0 is kicking their ass is probably startling to them. EH who cares about the 6.4L hemi the car will probably weigh a ton anyways for it to do any good.

MurphinAintEasy

Established Member
Yeah I agree. I think they'll only have about 450HP, but with that huge ass curb weight I don't think it'll matter. They'll be aiming for my little 3V though. That's why it's time for an upgrade. Termminator/GT500:rockon: comes to mind...lol

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
basically, the cars are still gonna be underpowered(480HP vs 556+HP Z28 vs 550HP GT500) and over weight(4,150lb vs 4,000lb est Z28 vs 3,750lb GT500 SVTPP).

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
6.4 is going in the Challenger. My dad was working on the rearend for them a few months ago. But I'll have to ask him again on what numbers they are pushing.

Last edited:

MurphinAintEasy

Established Member
Is the LS7 still the most powerful NA V8 in production. Cause with the 510HP rumors for the 6.4L they may steal it. Like stated before they'll need 550+ to even come close to their competition.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Is the LS7 still the most powerful NA V8 in production. Cause with the 510HP rumors for the 6.4L they may steal it. Like stated before they'll need 550+ to even come close to their competition.
what??? the mercedes M159 6.2l V8 used in the SLS produces 563HP. hell, the lower end version, the M156 produces 525HP in a lot of AMG M-Bs. the 6.4l isn't even gonna cough in the direction of the M-B V8s.

jshen

Established Member
Someone will correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Challanger built on the Charger platform? It's too damn big for a two door- and too heavy to compete. Bring in a smaller lighter platform to make it a contender.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
with 6.4L and all the tech we have today. that is failure.
same thing can be said about the LS7 too. 500HP out of a 7.0l huh? cookie?
Someone will correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Challanger built on the Charger platform? It's too damn big for a two door- and too heavy to compete. Bring in a smaller lighter platform to make it a contender.
yep, a shortened LX platform, just like the camaro being built on a shortened zeta chassis(pontiac G8). the camaro is slated to move to the same platform as cadillacs up coming compact ATS, if the platform hasn't been shelved(if so, it'll move to the epsilon II available AWD only, and the camaro may continue on the zeta) around 2014MY. the challenger looks like it'll stay on the LX platform till at least 2014MY, maybe longer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You are correct. It is built on the Charger platform. It would have been great to see the Challenger built on a new and lighter platform. A Challenger weighing 3500-3600 lbs. with a 6.4L Hemi making 500hp would be big news.

Users who are viewing this thread