#6 daily driver???

bret

Established Member
with all this "talk" of 01 engines blowing... anyone know the risk of putting a #6 and a very mild chip on my 01 engine (other then that keep it stock)?? how likely am i to blow my engine? occasional (5-10 runs /month avg, track use)...

thanks!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
If it's a driver, I wouldn't go more than a 4#. But that's just my opinion. I think a six is pushing it for a daily driver. But there are people doing it.:-D

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I personally wouldnt go more than 4#'s of boost on the stock motor. If you swap out the rods and put in a nice set of Manley rods and of course change and tighten the plugs(cooler plugs), then 6#'s would work.

Good Luck

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I run a 4# lower pulley, chip and a bunch of other items at 420+RWHP without any problem to date.

Good Luck

VINMAN

Established Member
I have had a 6# for 6000 miles now.I go to the track regularly and have driven to virginia and conn. for FFW weekends.So far so good.

VINNIE:coolman:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Vinny the truck looks awesome. When did you put the six pound pulley on there?

It has been since the night I saw you run the 12.97.

VINMAN

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Vinny the truck looks awesome. When did you put the six pound pulley on there?

It has been since the night I saw you run the 12.97.

About 5 months ago.I need to update my sig.I have so much more stuff on the truck now.
I will be at E-town wednseday night.You going?

VINNIE

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I need new tires to run.

So what are your mods now? Any times yet or is that what Wed is for?

I might go and watch.

Stank

Established Member
Yes indeed!!! They just came out with it. I don't believe it's posted yet on their site but i bought one from Jim last weekend and Shawn installed it. They are down here in the Lone Star State. It's beautiful man. 10" dia. All I can say is WOW! Dia. the size of a paper plate. Getting my TB tomorrow. Got it for $399 at RPMOutlet.

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
I run a 4# lower pulley, chip and a bunch of other items at 420+RWHP without any problem to date.

Good Luck

FordSVTFan - What do you run with your setup (E.T.)? I'm considering a very similiar package of JDM Stage 1 + a 4# pulley. How many miles do you have with your setup? What are the "bunch of other items?"

Thanks,

Tim

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by Tim Bindon

FordSVTFan - What do you run with your setup (E.T.)? I'm considering a very similiar package of JDM Stage 1 + a 4# pulley. How many miles do you have with your setup? What are the "bunch of other items?"

Thanks,

Tim

I ran [email protected] on burnt F1's.
CAI with 90MM MAF, Electric Fan kit, Cobra R water pump, 4# lower pulley, Line Mod Valve, NGK plugs, Drop Shackles, Custom Cat Back Exhaust(local shop after my stock exhaust blew off at 90MPH on the parkway)Superchip with custom Tune. Shawn drove the truck will Jimmy used the lap top to fine tune it at different speeds and such. I am sure there are little things I always forget.

That is basically it for performance mods.

Oh yah, about 10K miles with this set up!

Valkyrie Rider

Established Member
I have been running a 6# pulley from 17000 miles. I now have 28464 on it and have not had a problem. I'm still running the original spark plugs. I'm making 430 rwhp and 545 ft #s of torque.

lightning17

Established Member
I have a six pound pulley and drive every day with it. Truck run 12.1s at 111 mph at the track. So far no trouble. No bottom end problems either. Have a total of 10800 miles on the motor and drive this truck hard. My friend runs an eight pound pulley with full exhaust (I have cat back exhaust) and he drives his on the street almost daily. His truck runs 11.8s at 111.8 mph with a best of 11.66. No bottoms end work on either truck. We haven't had any problems. We are trying real hard to destroy the motors so we can add some cams and head work.

Users who are viewing this thread