6#lower/2.93 upper?

724COBRA

Established Member
Was wondering what belt size for a 2.93/6# combo with a 3.5" alternator pulley and an aux idler pulley. I also have a notched tensioner. I looked at CobraBob's chart, but it does not seem to have this combo. With a 4 piece idler it does not have a 3.5" alternator and vice-versa Thanks,

Jamie

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Yeah that's not too popular of a combo considering the amount of boost you'll be pushing. I have a 2.93/4 and have a ported blower and longtube headers and still push almost 19#'s. I don't see a ported blower on your list which allows it to run cooler, nor do I see an aftermarket MAF. You'll definitely be maxing out your air with that much boost! Be VERY careful with that combo and make sure the tune is spot on!!

MVD

Established Member
Iron Terp has this setup too.......but his idler/tensioner combo may be slightly different.

I am going to figure you will be near a 81-81.5" belt.

SVTSonicCobra

Nasty Sonic Cobra
Established Member
Was wondering what belt size for a 2.93/6# combo with a 3.5" alternator pulley and an aux idler pulley. I also have a notched tensioner. I looked at CobraBob's chart, but it does not seem to have this combo. With a 4 piece idler it does not have a 3.5" alternator and vice-versa Thanks,

Jamie

I am running the 6lb/2.93 combo, the 3.5 alt. pulley and two 90mm and two 100mm idler pullies, I also have the tensioner notched too. I love this setup, great power all the time. The belt size that I used was a GatorBack 81inch. You can use this belt for the 4lb too. Here is a pic I wasn't sure which number is the part number so talk a look.

If you can't read it; it reads:
Gatorback 8PK2055

Hope this helps :beer:

view.php
[/URL][/IMG]

724COBRA

Established Member
Yeah that's not too popular of a combo considering the amount of boost you'll be pushing. I have a 2.93/4 and have a ported blower and longtube headers and still push almost 19#'s. I don't see a ported blower on your list which allows it to run cooler, nor do I see an aftermarket MAF. You'll definitely be maxing out your air with that much boost! Be VERY careful with that combo and make sure the tune is spot on!!

Thanks bud! I should have mentioned that I am putting this combo on a stage III ported blower. I also have an SCT2400 and BAP. I have a very good tuner to.

Jamie

724COBRA

Established Member
I am running the 6lb/2.93 combo, the 3.5 alt. pulley and two 90mm and two 100mm idler pullies, I also have the tensioner notched too. I love this setup, great power all the time. The belt size that I used was a GatorBack 81inch. You can use this belt for the 4lb too. Here is a pic I wasn't sure which number is the part number so talk a look.

If you can't read it; it reads:
Gatorback 8PK2055

Hope this helps :beer:

view.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks man! I have 3 90mm and the aux is 100mm. Do you think it will still be 81inch?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SVTSonicCobra, I will add that setup to my Belt Selection Guide.

Last edited:

CobraRyan

Banned

Thats weird because my 2.75/4lb ported with headers makes 17.5

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
yea.. be careful with the tune.. i would almost say it may be too much bost seeing your not ported.. but i dont know..

Last edited:

daneyb

04 Compt Orange
Established Member
Not to highjack this thread, but I just bought a 04 Cobra and am getting ready to put the bolt on this weekend. I am putting on a 2.9 upper and a 4lb lower, along with a catback and CAI. I am going to do the ported blower in the next couple weeks for sure. I was wanting to drive it around since it is new. Will I run into any issues?? or am I missing something else to do right off the bat??

Thanks

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

Jamie
I have this setup with a 3.25" alternator pulley and Whipple Tensioner and use an 82" belt.

Been running this combo for a year now with no issues and although I've hit 18 lb of boost before in the right weather, it's usually around 17.5 lbs.

724COBRA

Established Member
Not to highjack this thread, but I just bought a 04 Cobra and am getting ready to put the bolt on this weekend. I am putting on a 2.9 upper and a 4lb lower, along with a catback and CAI. I am going to do the ported blower in the next couple weeks for sure. I was wanting to drive it around since it is new. Will I run into any issues?? or am I missing something else to do right off the bat??

Thanks

I would not drive it with that pulley combo without a tune

Users who are viewing this thread