60 Minutes

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
If anyone is watching the 60 minutes segment on unemployment, it truly shows how ****ed up our country is. People say were out of the recession, please....... :nonono:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
yes i watched it. does this country have problems yes. f'ed up? far from. in the big picture, 1 out of ten out of a job isnt doomsday. everybody cant be wealthy or well off. i hate to be the one that says it but deep down everybody knows its true.

if you think this country is so f'ed up, renounce your citizenship and leave.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
yes i watched it. does this country have problems yes. f'ed up? far from. in the big picture, 1 out of ten out of a job isnt doomsday. everybody cant be wealthy or well off. i hate to be the one that says it but deep down everybody knows its true.

if you think this country is so f'ed up, renounce your citizenship and leave.

I was not referring to our country itself... I was talking about how the horrible economy has hurt people, who are unemployed...

KingBlack

Established Member
If anyone is watching the 60 minutes segment on unemployment, it truly shows how ****ed up our country is.

I was not referring to our country itself... I was talking about how the horrible economy has hurt people, who are unemployed...

oh ok. i dont know how i got it confused....;-)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Closer to 1 in 5 in most populaces.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I watched through the segment waiting for the part on Top Gear, and a few parts bothered me. The one lady made the comment "The lowest position I would consider taking right now is....."

PLEASE. If you're going to go on national TV and bitch about being out of work for two years, then you sure as hell better be willing to take ANY job. Don't be too ****ing proud to go down and flip burgers at McDonalds for a while, some money is better than no money.

Then we went onto the dude who said he was making $200k/year, and the unemployment checks of almost $500/week were "tiny." They probably wouldn't seem so tiny if you hadn't have gone out and overextended your $200k/year salary by buying the $500k house you're sitting in, dumbass.

I understand there are people that are truly down and out by no fault of their own, but hearing shit like this where people have quite obviously put themselves in their position makes it hard to feel sorry for them.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Then we went onto the dude who said he was making $200k/year, and the unemployment checks of almost $500/week were "tiny." They probably wouldn't seem so tiny if you hadn't have gone out and overextended your $200k/year salary by buying the $500k house you're sitting in, dumbass.

Yeah, because its totally his fault he busted his ass to get a education and get a job that paid well enough for him to live like that, and totally his fault this goddamn country is headed to the shitter faster and faster every day.

$500k house is nothing. If he made $200k/yr and only bought a $500k house, then he sure in the hell didnt overextend his means by any longshot.

Not to mention due to his income level, hes likely paid into unemployment way more than he would get out of it. Thats the worst part for anyone making $100k+ thats been steady working for 10yrs+.

I understand there are people that are truly down and out by no fault of their own, but hearing shit like this where people have quite obviously put themselves in their position makes it hard to feel sorry for them.

What position? Having a good career?

The only thing he couldve done at the start of seeing shit hit the fan is unload all his debts, but even thats a stretch because you never know if your number is coming on the corporate "layoff" list or not.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Equally troubling is that for years we have sent manufacturing jobs overseas. They're gone! That, in and of itself, means a lot of people with manufacturing skills in this country might never get another manufacturing job. None of us knows the true state of our economy. We are only hearing what the government wants us to hear. Sadly whether the next Congress, Senate, President is Democrat or Republican, the politics of politics dictates that we are a LONG way off from true recovery. Heck, it is so bad most of the candidates don't tell Americans what they stand for or what they will change, they simply attack the opponent for past mistakes. Seems that they know full well that the economy isn't really getting better anywhere near what we need to see. Even Obama has conceded that it will take a long time to emerge from where we are. I can hardly wait until the health care changes go into full swing. And taxes have to be increased.

It will take a miracle to pull us out of the muck we are presently mired in.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, because its totally his fault he busted his ass to get a education and get a job that paid well enough for him to live like that, and totally his fault this goddamn country is headed to the shitter faster and faster every day.

$500k house is nothing. If he made $200k/yr and only bought a $500k house, then he sure in the hell didnt overextend his means by any longshot.

Not to mention due to his income level, hes likely paid into unemployment way more than he would get out of it. Thats the worst part for anyone making $100k+ thats been steady working for 10yrs+.

Maybe I'm the only one who's not a fan of signing up for the monstrous amounts of money that people pay every month on their houses, but if I made $200k/year, I'd be living in something that would be paid for well before I even had chance to lose my job.

Coiled03

Established Member

Come on, dude. If a guy is smart enough to get a job that commands that kind of salary then he's probably smart enough to recognize the country is going down the tubes, and make sure he has a backup plan. Shit - having a backup plan is a good idea no matter the state of the country. Just because you're not "living beyond your means" doesn't mean you're financially sound.

KingBlack

Established Member

soo a person making 40k a year is an idiot for buying a 100k house?

seriously??

Its a shame that there is so much contempt for the average Joe that made poor decisions in their life, but ZERO contempt for the raiders on Wall St. who pulled off the greatest heist in the history of the world. They're the ones who destabilized everything. They're th ones that made claims that they needed to be "bailed out" or everything would collapse. Well they got their money and all these financial instruments have not done anything to postpone the inevitable. The folks on Wall St. are the ones that saw this coming way back when and knew fully well that they would have the leverage to rob the treasury.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
its a shame that there is so much contempt for the average joe that made poor decisions in their life, but zero contempt for the raiders on wall st. Who pulled off the greatest heist in the history of the world. They're the ones who destabilized everything. They're th ones that made claims that they needed to be "bailed out" or everything would collapse. Well they got their money and all these financial instruments have not done anything to postpone the inevitable. The folks on wall st. Are the ones that saw this coming way back when and knew fully well that they would have the leverage to rob the treasury.

+1!!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member

What position? Having a good career?

The only thing he couldve done at the start of seeing shit hit the fan is unload all his debts, but even thats a stretch because you never know if your number is coming on the corporate "layoff" list or not.

Also right on the money!!!

Users who are viewing this thread