$600 What to do?

Pewter99TransAm

Alright guys...I swore that I wasnt blpwing anymore money on this truck..like always andthe mod bug bites me again. whats the most effective way to spend the 600 bucks considering the mods in the sig. Wouldnt mind a little more power...just dont wanna press my luck boost wise.Gimmi your opinions guys. Thanks.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Don't press your luck!!! Please send the $600.00 to my Paypal addy immediately...LOL

Skrapmetal

Established Member
FTVB/4x4 pan and some traction bars? A catback? New heat exchanger/reservior?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
FTVB....Metco upper links...Bigger intercooler reservoir...LFP intercooler heat exchanger...Bassani cat back...Your outta dough..........

Pewter99TransAm

Yes scrap I was thinkin about many of those. Was just curious which of the basic bolt ons I see alot of guys runnin that I would get the most outta spendin 600. Really considering a set of tract bars.
Also an you really notice a difference when using the bigger intercooler res.. Seen aot of people using them in their sigs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
FTVB/4x4 pan and some traction bars? A catback? New heat exchanger/reservior?

AHhhhhh....Yah beat me to it.............

Skrapmetal

Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Yes scrap I was thinkin about many of those. Was just curious which of the basic bolt ons I see alot of guys runnin that I would get the most outta spendin 600. Really considering a set of tract bars.
Also an you really notice a difference when using the bigger intercooler res.. Seen aot of people using them in their sigs.

Well, considering I've got my FTVB and traction bars in the mail on their way to me right now... that's what I'd recommend. ;)

A catback is definitely nice to get some looks with, though. I did mine last month.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
The FTVB will be your favorite mod!!!! I love mine...........

Pewter99TransAm

Well problem with anything over the skill level of putting on a cai system im totally not up to the task and will have to pay someone to install it. So install price will factor in greatly for me. why I was considering something like new intake, and tb/ , intercooler res like stated above/ catback, with some track bars/ want this bitch in the high 12's when i go back to the track again after the summer is over. Without blowin it up down the road lol.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
FTVB, Traction bars. With these right here and your mods you will be in the 12's. And do the Boost Bypass mod.

Pewter99TransAm

I was checking out a fee sites. Really think im gonna do the trac bars just for safety comin out the hole forthe few times I make it to the track. Only run on my 18 teens so far not the 20's. But also been lookin at the heat exchangers and Ic Reserviors. Companies are reporting 40 to 50 intake temps drops. Heat in ga right now is killer. Are either of the heat exchangers or IC res worth it? How much labor are we talkin about with installin a FTVB? Cause I cant.

Pewter99TransAm

Awax- I seein your sig you have the LFP HE I was just lookin at on another page. You didnt notice a power increase with decrease in heat soak they claim? Pullin some good mph too man.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
awax_cobrastang said:
just to let you go everything you said there is more like 1000+.

id say ftvb and t bars. the reservoir and he would be good mods, but no power.

Yah I know...........Just giving him an example........... :dw:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Well problem with anything over the skill level of putting on a cai system im totally not up to the task and will have to pay someone to install it. So install price will factor in greatly for me. why I was considering something like new intake, and tb/ , intercooler res like stated above/ catback, with some track bars/ want this bitch in the high 12's when i go back to the track again after the summer is over. Without blowin it up down the road lol.

I would say that if your mechanical experience is holding you back....Go with
some type of traction bars and a catback....If you were in So.Fla I would
be more than happy to help you out :beer: Goodluck :D

Pewter99TransAm

Yea seems to be where im leanin cocoloco. E mailed mark over at lfp to check tha pricin on bassani. Might just do that track bars to and wait for cold air down tha road for my 12.

Edit- Just looked up few different places for track bars...and the bolt ons from romoutlet are like 100....and everywhere is theyre like 400. Am I missin something. i know you get what you pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Don't worry about a Cai....Unless your making big HP....Just drop in a True flow...Green
filter or [email protected] of the Cai's look great...But do nothing but suck in hot air and raise your Iat temps....Look in the market forum for a used catback and traction bars,
alot of times you can save some big $$$$ if you buy used...Sometimes you gotta wait,
but the price you pay is worth it...........

Users who are viewing this thread