$600 What to do?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Already runnin jlp forced air kit. When I said waitin on cold air was talkin bout gettin this 90 percent humidity and 105 deg days outta here in ga.

Oh.....OK.....Yeah,I grew up in GA and it is hot as Fook up there...LOL...
There is a product called Engine Ice...That I use in my motocross bike....
I'm thinking about running it in my IC res....It has "GREAT" results in 4 stroke
race bikes for lowering temps dramatically....Probably better that Redline
and distilled water....Xcept in winter time...You would have to put some anti
freeze in there.... :-D

awax_cobrastang

Acura Performance B!TCHES
Established Member
Delaware (formerly mass-pats fan for life)
pewter99_trans said:
Awax- I seein your sig you have the LFP HE I was just lookin at on another page. You didnt notice a power increase with decrease in heat soak they claim? Pullin some good mph too man.

i have a very good tuner, if i had good 60's i have a mid 12 second truck. that was my very first run with the truck, and that was with about 30 min cool down time and ice. i will tell you that i ran my truck 5 times, and that after every run i could put my hand on the blower and i wouldnt get burned. i blew my 03 cobra up because i didnt take some precautions. i got a good deal on the he and i got it. if i bout one brand new i would have gotten afco, but i didnt have a bunch of cash. the thing about t-bars, my personal opinion, is that you really need slicks or drags to take full potential of them. although they prevent certain rear end failures.

Pewter99TransAm

So awax your contributing the lack of heat soak and consistency of blower temps to the heat exchanger? Just to make sure im rolling with you. I see on JLPS site they have the Lightning PowerCooler, Super Cooler And the New Intercooler Reservior Tank. Which were you referring to is much betterthan LFPS side by side? Also which makes a bigger diference the Heat Exchanger or the IC Reservior?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Get the FTVB and traction bars, drive up here to Atlanta and I'll put them on for you then we can go to the strip bars with the leftover cash. LOL

Skrapmetal

Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Yea seems to be where im leanin cocoloco. E mailed mark over at lfp to check tha pricin on bassani. Might just do that track bars to and wait for cold air down tha road for my 12.

Edit- Just looked up few different places for track bars...and the bolt ons from romoutlet are like 100....and everywhere is theyre like 400. Am I missin something. i know you get what you pay for.

The Lakewood ones at RPM outlet (which are cheaper through Summit, and Summit is far more reliable) are slapper-style traction bars. Rather than bracing the axle against the frame, they brace the leaf springs against themselves.

They don't do as good of a job as the Metco-type bars, but for the lower numbers you (and I) are putting out they're just fine. They're also far easier to install if you're not comfortable with some of the tougher wrench work.

This is the link for them through Summit (yes, it says they don't work for Lightning, but they do... it's the very same ones that RPMOutlet sells) http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LAK-21715&N=0&autoview=sku

awax_cobrastang

Acura Performance B!TCHES
Established Member
Delaware (formerly mass-pats fan for life)
pewter99_trans said:
So awax your contributing the lack of heat soak and consistency of blower temps to the heat exchanger? Just to make sure im rolling with you. I see on JLPS site they have the Lightning PowerCooler, Super Cooler And the New Intercooler Reservior Tank. Which were you referring to is much betterthan LFPS side by side? Also which makes a bigger diference the Heat Exchanger or the IC Reservior?

yes the he did a good job on keeping everything cool. as far as the different names, i think they just differ by what part they cover. im not sure of the exact name. if i were u i would buy ftvb(keep in mind you have have to buy tranny fluid) at that time i would buy a 4x4 tranny pan, then get the he or another cooling mod. then u get the tbars when u get slicks. honestly even if you got all 4 of these mods u not really gonna gain much time at the track.

Pewter99TransAm

IMm dying to do the FTVB but like I said I cant do it no skillls or tool to do it. And Im not sure of the install price...anyone? Really considering doin a coolin mod the Heat Exchanger or IC Reservior because of the extreme heat and humidity in ga. Lakewoods are def on the list so far..might start up another thread later to get some guys to go in depth with the cooling mods. Im very interested in both at the moment! If anyone could give me more info it would be much appreciated!

Pewter99TransAm

Hmmm thats not too bad for the install, products and fluids out tha door. Might have to check on that.I just hate to spend the 40 bucks on track bars when i got ot run at the track 2 maybe 3 times a year. I dont run drag radials so I figured the lakewoods would atleast be preventiative measure for axle wrap atleast.

LtnRyder

03 636 as well
Established Member
Whats a bigger coolant res do performance wise? Also the heat exchanger, that the one behind your bumper, underneath the rad fan?

203Cree

Established Member
awax_cobrastang said:
lakewoods arent very good tbars. i would say they are the worst of all the tbars. i was quoted a 400 dollars for the ftvb fluids and install.

What are you talking about bro? For the money, they're a damn good deal. They do the job exactly as advertised, and like I said, there's guys out there cutting very good 60's on em. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread