$600 What to do?

Pewter99TransAm

Cree you run the lakewoods right? you got ny opinions on the getting the heat exchanger or the Ic Res? Im 90 percent sure im gettin the lakewoods just cant decide about the FTVB and cooling mods.

Pewter99TransAm

Na not gonna go the ported blower route dont think..was consideringit but truckis a daily driver and runnin 16 pounds of boost to it will grenade the thing I think. Cant affoard new motor.

203Cree

Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Cree you run the lakewoods right? you got ny opinions on the getting the heat exchanger or the Ic Res? Im 90 percent sure im gettin the lakewoods just cant decide about the FTVB and cooling mods.

Yeah. With as little as mine see's the track (it hasn't yet since I've owned it) I saw no need to spend the money on the long bars when on the street, the Lakewoods will do the same thing for a lot less money, regardless of if you're running streets or sticky's. They'll still quell axle hop.

As for the cooling mods, I wouldn't spend my money on them unless you're gonna see a lot of track time. Rick should've hooked you up with a safe tune that'll work in the heat. You're not up in the power levels where a new res or HE would make enough difference to justify the cost.

I'd go with the Tbars, some used slicks or DR's, and a 12 pack of beer.

Pewter99TransAm

Yea rick tuned me up ight. Got him to leave me at 14 derees of timin and 11.2 aif fuel and still made those numbers in the sig ona 90 degree day. Well since the coolin mods are out lookin like the lake woods with either FTVB or catback. Are the intake tb combos worth tha 500 + bucks ive been seen them for with the mild mods i have?
Trucks lookin good too cree.

203Cree

Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
. Are the intake tb combos worth tha 500 + bucks ive been seen them for with the mild mods i have?
Trucks lookin good too cree.

No, and thanks. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread