$6000 - What do i do?

CobraRyan

Banned
I want to go twinscrew what should i get. If i go kb 2.6 will i have enough left for supporting mods on a STOCK Lightning...( intake, tb, fuel, traction bars, tune, transmission,etc....) Will the 2.3 be okay to run if i decide to build the motor later....?

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
CobraRyan said:
I want to go twinscrew what should i get. If i go kb 2.6 will i have enough left for supporting mods on a STOCK Lightning...( intake, tb, fuel, traction bars, tune, transmission,etc....) Will the 2.3 be okay to run if i decide to build the motor later....?

when I had $6,000 laying around I went with a built motor

bmfgsxr

Established Member
yeah, have msx build you a motor first. that alone will make some good hp. then you can always add on later.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
You could put on a 2.3 with supporting mods and still have money left over for when you get bored of the new power. My motto is "if it aint broke, dont fix it."
Or go with a built block & ported eaton combo and you'll be running strong.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
If I had 6K laying around I'd be on the phone with Billy@MSX for a motor.
This is a good idea, you can make a ton of power on a built motor and a ported Eaton and have plenty of room to grow later on

"olsson"

Established Member
$6000 - What do i do?

You should consider puting those money in an envelope and wright my adress on it :pepper:

:rollseyes
I would get my self a short block and some realy nice heads, atleast thats my plans for the future. :thumbsup:

lightning666

Established Member
someone said don't fix it if it aint broken, but you should buy a built block, and you can still sell your block and maybe get some money for a 2.3

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
I promise I will be happy to find use for it. I wouldn't want you to have to make a tough decision, so take it off your mind and send it my way.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Send it to me and I'll show exactly how to spend it.

Built block. I'd rather get as much for the stock motor as I could while it is still in one piece. The temptation would be to great for me not to turn it up if I had a Kb sitting on top.

unclemole

Established Member
There are a number of owners who have 2.3 KB or Whippled stock blocks. You've got enough for that as well as the fuel system and MAF mods plus the dyno tunes on a handheld, headers, traction bars, valve body/deep pan and driveshaft loop.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I'm with everyone else. If i had 6k, a built motor would be the first thing I would purchase. Then sell your stock block and see if you have enough for some supporting mods for a future KB or Whipple.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I'd buy Stealth Bulbs, a full Britemax Detailing kit with Orbital buffer, High force Hood supports, Rollpan & smooth steps, let's see... What else do I sell??

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
I'd buy Stealth Bulbs, a full Britemax Detailing kit with Orbital buffer, High force Hood supports, Rollpan & smooth steps, let's see... What else do I sell??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did I know that was coming.

If I had $6,000 I would buy a buttload of scratch and win tickets......

Users who are viewing this thread