62 Fairlane Pics

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Buddy of mine took a couple pics, figured I'd share, they were taken down in Senoia for you Walking Dead fans.

IMGP2193-Edit.jpg

IMGP2197.jpg

IMGP2172.jpg

IMGP2167.jpg

IMGP2169.jpg

IMGP2157.jpg

IMGP2166.jpg

IMGP2111.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice.

My ex's parents had a 62 just like that but the light blue color.

I had huge plans for it if I was going to inherit it. Was gonna call it the "UnFairlane". Built 5.4L with either a 3.4Whip or twin snails, T56, MustangII front with IRS rear, frame-off resto, all new everything. The body panels on that car had no rust. Just needed paint and chrome pieces to be redone, along with interior to be refinished.

blackedout06

Established Member
Great pictures, the car looks awsome! My dad is currently in the middle of restoring his 62 2door Fairlane and throwing a 351W 4speed combo into it. I cant wait until it is done, but who knows when that will be...

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Where do you live in senoia ?

I dont, I live outside marietta. He lives in senoia. Took us all through "Woodbury"
and showed us where they shot scenes and what not. Beautiful town.

Great pictures, the car looks awsome! My dad is currently in the middle of restoring his 62 2door Fairlane and throwing a 351W 4speed combo into it. I cant wait until it is done, but who knows when that will be...
I'd love to change it over to a 302/T5, but now its a simple reliable daily driver. Had some little kid pull up a week or so ago and yell at me about what's under the Hood. I told him it was just a little 170 and he promptly rolled up his window LOL

Pic #1 is absolutley amazing! LOVE IT!
He kept saying that would be his money shot. The building in the background is their library. Seriously nice place.

blackedout06

Established Member
I'd love to change it over to a 302/T5, but now its a simple reliable daily driver. Had some little kid pull up a week or so ago and yell at me about what's under the Hood. I told him it was just a little 170 and he promptly rolled up his window LOL
hahaha that's funny! Its tough to throw bigger motors in these cars because there isn't much room between the shock towers to begin with. To get the 351 to fit the shock towers have to be trimmed down to clear the headers since there is only about an inch of clearance on each side before cutting without headers on the motor. I found a kit that you can buy online (Crites Performance) that comes with a template and the metal already pre cut if you decide to do it though. :beer:

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
hahaha that's funny! Its tough to throw bigger motors in these cars because there isn't much room between the shock towers to begin with. To get the 351 to fit the shock towers have to be trimmed down to clear the headers since there is only about an inch of clearance on each side before cutting without headers on the motor. I found a kit that you can buy online (Crites Performance) that comes with a template and the metal already pre cut if you decide to do it though. :beer:

I have a 351w in my 65, its snug but with the stock shock towers, but not impossible. I figured the engine bay would be the same size. But if I did it I'd go 302/289. Biggest problem I'd face is not wanting to lose the column shifter. Its unique and kinda fun once you get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread