63 Lincoln Continental Convertible+Terminator

drdvldog

Established Member
Very cool build!! I have been thinking about putting a Terminator engine into my 66 T-Bird. Can you post some better pics of the front part of the frame and engine mounts?

The motor mounts are stock Marauder from AutoZone. In the picture below, you can see the two square-ish towers in the middle of the 2004 Crown Victoria k-member that the bolts for the Marauder mounts slide into. Then you just run a washer and nut onto the bolts from the bottom to secure them.

Motor mounts look like this...one is for the driver and there is another part number for the passenger...you can see they have the same engine side bolt pattern as the stock cobra, but have the angled stud to run through the CV k member; instead of the straight stud like the stock Cobra that sits in on an angled pad on the stock Cobra style k member.

Last edited:

drdvldog

Established Member

This shot is before we cut out the X-brace that held everything together while we chopped out the welded in original k-member.

I am going to dig and see if I can find one with a good shot of the pockets I had to make in the front of the radiator support for the 6x3x1/8th beam we used as the new frame rail.

Jefe

Established Member
No way. Freaking awesome idea. Please keep us updated! Top still works?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I am going to have to put her in front of everything else...or, run her slightly below the front bumper. I wont know until I get the radiator and A/C condenser mounted and then I bolt the bumper back on to see where the best place (air volume wise) will be to put the intercooler...

I also want to run a bigger one then the stocker that I have, but once again...got to get the other stuff done first to see how much room I will have.

You mean the heat exchanger? The stock intercooler is an air to water underneath the blower.

drdvldog

Established Member
No way. Freaking awesome idea. Please keep us updated! Top still works?

YEP! Top still works....and once I'm done with her, she shouldn't give me any issues. I'm upgrading all the mechanical relays to electronic.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Dang you're not messing around! that's some serious fabrication you got going on. Looks awesome! I've always wanted a Continental with the rear suicide doors. Those things are bad ass without the Terminator motor in it. Now you're making my new dream car....

dads01dream

Established Member
Great project..... car looked amazing right from the start! I've always been interested in a triple black one, just a nice thumper cam & exhaust and call it a day! Can't wait to see your car once done. :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
That is turning out to be a pretty amazing project! Thanks for sharing all of the details on the mounts, and front suspension setup, as that can be adaptable to other custom builds of this type.:beer:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
when he nailed it the chassis would twist so much from the torque.

Sbxcp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread