63 Lincoln Continental Convertible+Terminator

drdvldog

Established Member
Alright everyone, been up to a bunch of work in addition to some painting of some of the motor and accessory brackets and bits to match the half ass powder coating that I tried to have done locally. Needless to say, only the timing cover and the pulley bridge came out decent, so I had my local PPG man match the tint. Here are a few pics of the before and after. Naturally, the shot with the engine mocked up with color has the formally horribly powder coated cam covers in position with just epoxy primer on them.

Next steps are fuel tank construction and finish up the triangulated 4-link in the rear to get the suspension finished. Then I will slide the engine/tranny in so I can get a driveshaft measurement and get that cooking!

This isn't a good shot of the cam covers to see how ate up they were when they had this powder applied. Coater literally did NO prep work and it looks like they were dirty and then shot with the powder to bake.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ev8zsv]
PPG color match for the metallic powder....apparently it is a 2017 Hyundai Color called "Marlin Blue"

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EB3nLy]
Going to do some welding on this piece and add some -12 AN male fittings to connect to IC fluid system

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EcevVW]

Done!

drdvldog

Established Member
25996341553_868b8d9b0e_c.jpg

Little radiator hose mockup action

25994129944_9c7a8c6249_c.jpg

prep stage where I did my best to try and sand enough to remove my fingerprints

26533835051_6408537252_c.jpg

this thing is super dirty and disgusting...pardon the fancy Cobra Engineering bits...only shiny around at this point

26326242630_586a7799de_c.jpg

Pre-staging area before I start my best "Dexter" impression

26533794081_7b12d67fdc_c.jpg

Temp paint booth prep

Last edited:

drdvldog

Established Member
26599380655_18f6190341_c.jpg

All the jewelry for the front end accessories once I get those cam covers finished up later this week

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm curious

Did you suddenly wake-up one night and came to the conclusion a Terminated 63 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide doors was actually good idea?

......... then again, "who cares"

Keep going man! :rockon:

drdvldog

Established Member
Not really, I have had several mustangs, wanted a Sonic Blue Terminator and just fell in love with this car before I got out of the Marines in San Diego. I found this car for sale in Jersey and before I even bought it I knew I was going to do a Cobra swap with the air ride. I have just been on the road a lot and it has been a LONG project...but it's coming together this year because the wife and a new baby are helping me settle down...and with this project in the garage, I am working on something every day trying to get her closer to running and driving again!

Ive had the Terminator drivetrain since 2010, so if it was a project that was starting today, I'd be using a coyote like everyone else because all the parts are offered from Ford in a standard more or less "plug in play" situation with less part numbers to track down.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Is that blood? LOL.

Definitely a very different and unique project. Nice work with the painted parts. I like the color.

Users who are viewing this thread