6R80 broke so taking it out of the TTSaleen

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can appreciate the You Tube content and I clicked it to watch later but sometimes we just want a few statements on what’s up versus having to watch a video. Just sayin.
As a guy building a turbo Coyote 6R combo I was hoping to see what’s up.
Good luck, I think, haven’t watched so no real clue.
-J

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Did you ever get all the issues sorted out with the 6r80 controller?
Nope. Just figured ways around it. Basically after a burnout it fails (Error mode), so I unplug it for 2 seconds to make it reset prior to staging the car. Going downtrack the OSS will fail and my mph will drop to zero, then on the decel it will come back to life and work fine. I found that no matter if I command it to shift at 6200 it clearly shifts about 500-700 rpm higher (see my tach in the video for reference). So previously it would hit the rev limiter when I had it set to 6800rpm. So I simply moved it down to 6200rpm and so far it has stayed off the rev limiter. I only found this after watching my in-car videos to see what the engine rpm was doing during the shifts.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I can appreciate the You Tube content and I clicked it to watch later but sometimes we just want a few statements on what’s up versus having to watch a video. Just sayin.
As a guy building a turbo Coyote 6R combo I was hoping to see what’s up.
Good luck, I think, haven’t watched so no real clue.
-J
I hear ya. We are all busy and just want "the facts" right away.
But I figured if you didn't know my combo, you'd appreciate the fact that I show it at the track in the beginning with in-car view so you could see how it broke. I broke the intermdiate shaft (it was a TCS billet piece). It's since been fixed and replaced with same part from TCS.
But the plan is to put the 6R80 behind a 4.6 engine I am building for my Mach 1 project. With the VMP supercharger it should be less likely to break as it will be making about 500+ less hp.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
That's a nice looking Mach at the end! How much power are you expecting?
Thanks. I love the Azure Blue on the Mach. With the old school VMP 2.3 I have on it and pullied for about 25# boost I think it should make around 800hp thru the 6R80. Later on I plan to go with a Whipple 3.0 but for now the VMP should do just fine. That pic at the end of the vid is from Mustangweek 2018 right after I had the car repainted and prior to putting the decals/stripes back on it.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope. Just figured ways around it. Basically after a burnout it fails (Error mode), so I unplug it for 2 seconds to make it reset prior to staging the car. Going downtrack the OSS will fail and my mph will drop to zero, then on the decel it will come back to life and work fine. I found that no matter if I command it to shift at 6200 it clearly shifts about 500-700 rpm higher (see my tach in the video for reference). So previously it would hit the rev limiter when I had it set to 6800rpm. So I simply moved it down to 6200rpm and so far it has stayed off the rev limiter. I only found this after watching my in-car videos to see what the engine rpm was doing during the shifts.

Are you using the US Quickshift or whatever it is?

“Criminal Lives Matter” -TwistedBootyhole

Users who are viewing this thread