730hp saleen 302 black label mustang

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Front end looks WAAAAAY better than the stock car.

I found the perfect car for those with zero taste

2014-chevrolet-camarozl1-122.jpg

Extremite

Established Member
I've always been a fan of the Saleen cars...IMO they make the best looking tuner Mustangs. 730 horses is a helluva lot of power.

jrscobra

blank
Established Member
IIRC, Saleen Inc is bankrupt. Saleen is now a different company I believe. When Steve Saleen sued, he got the rights to his name back. He was using the name SMS, but now that his name is his again, he can use it on his vehicles.. Again, all from memory. I like it and have had a few people call me recently wanting to order one. I guess marketing is working.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
IIRC, Saleen Inc is bankrupt. Saleen is now a different company I believe. When Steve Saleen sued, he got the rights to his name back. He was using the name SMS, but now that his name is his again, he can use it on his vehicles.. Again, all from memory. I like it and have had a few people call me recently wanting to order one. I guess marketing is working.

^ This. Steve Saleen is doing fine, well back on his feet. The CO. that took over Saleen went belly up.

Overall its not bad. But for that money I would truly be looking at the GT350.
Still waiting to see Steeda's offering.

Last edited:

CaDDy

Banned
I don't HATE IT, but the black on the lower bumper makes it seem like it got the front end cut off. I wish they would show the S/C or engine bay. Once upon a time Saleen used to develop their own parts, they used lysholm screws with their own unique S/C case.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Now my question is... did they do anything to the motor that would justify that price?

Or did they just slap a blower on there and call it a day?

At that HP level I imagine a stock motor probably wouldn't last very long.

2015 essentially has the equivalent of a BOSS shortblock|bottom end, its pretty stout. Will be fine at that power level, forged rods, better crank.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Now my question is... did they do anything to the motor that would justify that price?

Or did they just slap a blower on there and call it a day?

At that HP level I imagine a stock motor probably wouldn't last very long.

I agree I would hope that engine is fully built but I would bet it isnt. Also for $73k I think i would have to buy new z06

On a side note anybody else catch the rear tire size 275/40/20? Are they serious? Can that hold 730 hp? Looks like just a street tread no way that can hook

Users who are viewing this thread