750 HP Viper ACR at dragstrip - probably better to stay on road course

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Full exhaust and tune will not net 750 crank hp.
Fwiw a stock gen 5 dyno's around 520/530rwhp. Full exhaust/tune is still well under 600rwhp.

97snakebite

Established Member
Full exhaust and tune will not net 750 crank hp.
Fwiw a stock gen 5 dyno's around 520/530rwhp. Full exhaust/tune is still well under 600rwhp.

you forgot the drag radials....they gotta net at lease 60hp with that tread depth and wall height

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Cause he launched like a sloth then tapped his brakes

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

10.9 with him tapping the brakes.

He's a good buddy of mine. He would cut 1.5s all day in his Gen 4 but the Gen 5 is a tough car for the drag strip due to the long first gear and the clutch not liking drag radials too much. He also didn't hit the brakes. Gen 5s have faulty brake light switches that flicker when you stab the clutch pedal too hard. Very common. The car made ~560 at the wheels on a Mustang dyno.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
He's a good buddy of mine. He would cut 1.5s all day in his Gen 4 but the Gen 5 is a tough car for the drag strip due to the long first gear and the clutch not liking drag radials too much. He also didn't hit the brakes. Gen 5s have faulty brake light switches that flicker when you stab the clutch pedal too hard. Very common. The car made ~560 at the wheels on a Mustang dyno.

No kidding. I was impressed the car ran that fast thinking he hit hit the brakes. I would love to have a gen 5 Viper

99BOSS

Established Member
Good time for the mods. Being an ACR with the big wing and extra downforce, it prolly hurt his trap speed a bit. A non ACR would hit 130 in the quarter with those mods

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
He was just testing the brakes mid pass to make sure it would stop at the end

Users who are viewing this thread