750 HP with Pulley Tune Air box ?? I hope

2snakes

Established Member
When the 13 comes out it will be interesting what the tuners can do. Cant wait.

40calcobra

Established Member
I would like to see some tune only numbers first! This thing has gotta be begging to get loose

SVT RICK

Established Member
700rwhp is what I would like to get with JLT 127mm carbon CAI - throttle body - custom tune and x pipe...Just picked up CAI and slowly getting the rest. Funny thing I sold everything but tuner off my 12..Didn't realize most would have fit 13..

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
700rwhp is what I would like to get with JLT 127mm carbon CAI - throttle body - custom tune and x pipe...Just picked up CAI and slowly getting the rest. Funny thing I sold everything but tuner off my 12..Didn't realize most would have fit 13..

This. A TB will show some nice results.

bull3441

Established Member
not happening.

jonesd

Established Member
not happening.

Right because no current gt500 tvs cars at 15 psi are putting down close to 700rwhp already...

They also upped the compression of the motor

And added almost another .5 liter

Severely detuned the car from the factory

I'd truly like to hear your reasoning on why it's not happening?

bull3441

Established Member
Right because no current gt500 tvs cars at 15 psi are putting down close to 700rwhp already...

They also upped the compression of the motor

And added almost another .5 liter

Severely detuned the car from the factory

I'd truly like to hear your reasoning on why it's not happening?
show me one TVS that's 700whp SAE with 15psi. the compression increase will equal 2% NA power increase. do you have a TVS, do you know what it takes to get 700whp out of a TVS? not happening with a tune, tb and cai. how do you know it's "severely detuned." you're speculating with no knowledge to back your claim.

04svtsnke

Established Member
show me one TVS that's 700whp SAE with 15psi. the compression increase will equal 2% NA power increase. do you have a TVS, do you know what it takes to get 700whp out of a TVS? not happening with a tune, tb and cai. how do you know it's "severely detuned." you're speculating with no knowledge to back your claim.

This. Although I'm not as pessimistic as this guy I do think you'll need longtunes, full 3 inch exhaust, lower pulley( upper if at all possible) cai, tb, and a nice tune and 700-720 rwhp shouldn't be a problem at all. I WILL say no one knows how detuned or not detuned this car is so seeing what JUST a tune will do will go a long way in predicting results with other mods.

bumplime

Established Member
Im hopeful that a tune and CAI will get us close to 700 RWHP. Adding an X Pipe or exhaust system just isn't something I want to do right away, and when I do decide it is time I'm hoping the cost of Corsa stuff comes down or I can find a 3" Jba system to listen to. A TB may not add quite as much as before with the design changes ford made to theirs.

bull3441

Established Member
Im hopeful that a tune and CAI will get us close to 700 RWHP. Adding an X Pipe or exhaust system just isn't something I want to do right away, and when I do decide it is time I'm hoping the cost of Corsa stuff comes down or I can find a 3" Jba system to listen to. A TB may not add quite as much as before with the design changes ford made to theirs.
go back and do some searching and look to see what CAI did for 2010-2012's. the JLT's didn't make more than 10whp. there's a reason he doesn't post dyno graphs for 2010-2012 cars. i personally think the 650hp is low ball, but 700whp without adding boost.

Last edited:

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
I think as far as choke points on this motor there are a few main areas:

1. Exhaust manifold - In the cut-away pictures you can see how restrictive it looks. Exhaust gas velocities increase exponential with RPM and also increase with power levels (more air in and more complete combustion means more exhaust out).

2. Stock ECU tuning - My guess is that it's VERY conservative from the factory. It has to be idiot-proof, just in case Jonny Richpants drives up Mt. Washington on a 100 degree day in 6th gear, running Joe' Gas 87 octane.

3. Injector Size - I believe it was mentioned that the '13 comes stock with 60 lb/hr injectors. Those would definitely need to be upgraded going anywhere into the 650+ whp neighborhood.

4. Throttle Body - Since the intake looks pretty stout, I would expect a TB upgrade to net some good gains. Something like a large single blade throttle body, or a more smoothly machined and wider unit will see good gains.

5. Connecting Rods - The limiting factor for huge power output with the new Trinity is the con rods. PM forgings aren't as strong or tough as true forgings. However, with a set of true forged rods, I would think this motor to be 1000 rwhp capable.

The Trinity should be a stout piece. I would think anywhere from 630-650 whp and 580-600 whtq with full exhaust, tune, throttle body.

SVT RICK

Established Member
My 12 put down 560 on the dyno with CAI- upper pulley- TB and tune..So one would hope with same mods and the 100 more from Ford may put to upper 600's.But I'm guessing and waiting..

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The only thing I have heard is the Ford Test cars were putting down more rwhp that the zl1 puts down at the crank. Do not know if this is will be the factory tune or not?

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Sure, the car with a tune, new intake, and a new throttle body should make 650rwhp or so @ 15psi.

The gorilla in the room is not what the GT500 will make, which we all have some sort of idea about, but what will the ZL1 do once you take off the undersized 1.9L TVS and strap on a 2.9L Whipple or a 3.6L Kenne Bell? It's gonna get a lot more even.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
what will the ZL1 do once you take off the undersized 1.9L TVS and strap on a 2.9L Whipple or a 3.6L Kenne Bell?

I'll take a crack at that question. How about......something like this?

1034375694_8KvVH-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread