$771 payment for a Base GT with PP...is NUTS!!

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT!
Established Member
So...just got home from the largest volume Ford dealer in the nation empty handed.

Best they could do was knocking off $100 a month down to $671.

LOL...:nono: NUTZ I tell ya.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT!
Established Member
Nope, 60 @ 2.9%.

As always, $0 down; I've bought 7 cars from them since 2001 all the same way.

Never had an issue with a DBag sales manager...ever. The kid needs a demotion to a porter.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
what's the price on the car? Autonation in Katy is already marking them down $4K+ off sticker. They have a premium GT, NAV, 20", Recaro's for $38K.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT!
Established Member
Yeah apparently they are still asking over MSRP over here. Kinda shocked considering the dealer moves large volumes of cars unlike the smaller dealers.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Last edited:

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
The finance office is where the real deep slow surprise butt secks can happen. It is no small thing to have a dealer you can trust.

Branhammer

Established Member
Dealers here are still doing this too. That's why I haven't bought yet. I'll wait for incentives. Either that or show them prices from other dealers in the country. There's one up in WA selling base GTs at $2000-$3000 under invoice. Printed those out and I'll take them to the dealers and try again. Like someone else said, I don't HAVE to buy shit. I'll wait for them to make the deal I'm comfortable with. If that means I don't get a 2015 til the fall, so be it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I guess no one asked...but does the $675 payment they quoted you include TTL and any trade in you have?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm betting you're paying a ton of sales tax in CA. Give Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas a call. They are a vendor here on SVTP and can get you a great deal.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a good point. If he is always putting 0 down, he could be really upside down on a possible trade.
Yep. When talking payment, we need all the information in order to pass judgement.

OP...what is the:

Selling price?
MSRP?
Rebates?
Trade allowance?
Balance owed on trade?
Down payment?
Term: 60
Rate: 2.9

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT!
Established Member
I guess no one asked...but does the $675 payment they quoted you include TTL and any trade in you have?

Yes it would assume so as the $771 included TTL.

That's a good point. If he is always putting 0 down, he could be really upside down on a possible trade.

No trade; our 2 other vehicles are paid off free & clear. No need to give em away. ;-)

I'm betting you're paying a ton of sales tax in CA.

Sales tax is 9%.

Yep. When talking payment, we need all the information in order to pass judgement.

OP...what is the:

Selling price?
MSRP?
Rebates?
Trade allowance?
Balance owed on trade?
Down payment?
Term: 60
Rate: 2.9

Seling price is $2k over MSRP.
MSRP is $35620
$0 rebates ($500 cash back or special financing for 60 months @ 2.9%)
$0 trade
$0 down

Negotiate the cash price of the car first, not the payment............

I agree, never got that far as the sales manager on duty refused to budge on the selling price. His argument was its a hot car and that these GTs have been selling just fine at the price they have been selling them for.

I got a call last night before the dealer closed for the day from the General Manager himself; he apologized for the treatment we got and gave me several options over the phone. Of course, a credit score of 831 helped a lot as well. Came home today with the car.

Meanwhile, he told his sales manager to stay home today; I guess someone did a customer no-no.

Users who are viewing this thread