$771 payment for a Base GT with PP...is NUTS!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes it would assume so as the $771 included TTL.

No trade; our 2 other vehicles are paid off free & clear. No need to give em away. ;-)

Sales tax is 9%.

Seling price is $2k over MSRP.
MSRP is $35620
$0 rebates ($500 cash back or special financing for 60 months @ 2.9%)
$0 trade
$0 down

I agree, never got that far as the sales manager on duty refused to budge on the selling price. His argument was its a hot car and that these GTs have been selling just fine at the price they have been selling them for.

I got a call last night before the dealer closed for the day from the General Manager himself; he apologized for the treatment we got and gave me several options over the phone. Of course, a credit score of 831 helped a lot as well. Came home today with the car.

Meanwhile, he told his sales manager to stay home today; I guess someone did a customer no-no.
Hm.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you got it $1000 under sticker?

Shoot I've been selling mine for a hundred or two over.....invoice. then taking the rebates off of that.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Yes sir.

Normally the rebates would not apply at all. But as always, there is a way. I was expecting more considering the volume of business I gave them since 01 but I'm happy.

Why wouldn't they apply? In the future, go to at least 3 dealers before comiting to a deal

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT!
Established Member
Why wouldn't they apply?
I would think enough of us on this board who have bought vehicles know its a tactic; may work for the ones that are uneducated of the buying process or are financially challenged. Obviously, I got the $1k in rebates as all that was needed was someone with cajones to give me what I want.

In the future, go to at least 3 dealers before comiting to a deal

One word, "Selection"...no one has jack squat on their lots or worse, not the options or colors I want. As for the deal, I got what I was asking for.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
So you got it $1000 under sticker?

Shoot I've been selling mine for a hundred or two over.....invoice. then taking the rebates off of that.

Curious if this applies only to cars on the lot. Would you do the same deal if the car had to be ordered? because of colors...options...etc.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't been to the show me state in too long. how's the weather in early 4th quarter?

slingshot

Established Member
If you go in shopping based on monthly payment you're going to get screwed every time. Do that and you'll see a huge grin on the sales manager's face. Shop the car based on PRICE. Don't include your trade--make that separate. Do your due diligence before you walk in--i.e., know what the car you want is selling for in other locations, know what the real world value of your trade is and shop around credit unions and banks for financing offers and be pre-approved before you ever walk into the dealership. If at all possible have a sale on your trade arranged before and have the dealer do an 'in-and-out' to show it as a trade and save taxes on the trade value (at least in Texas and many other states, not sure about Cali). They'll charge you a hundred or two but it's well worth it. My Dad was a manager at a Ford dealer for 30 years and I grew up as a dealership rat... trust me on these recommendations--they work. Good luck.

blownstang01

Established Member
If you go in shopping based on monthly payment you're going to get screwed every time. Do that and you'll see a huge grin on the sales manager's face. Shop the car based on PRICE. Don't include your trade--make that separate. Do your due diligence before you walk in--i.e., know what the car you want is selling for in other locations, know what the real world value of your trade is and shop around credit unions and banks for financing offers and be pre-approved before you ever walk into the dealership. If at all possible have a sale on your trade arranged before and have the dealer do an 'in-and-out' to show it as a trade and save taxes on the trade value (at least in Texas and many other states, not sure about Cali). They'll charge you a hundred or two but it's well worth it. My Dad was a manager at a Ford dealer for 30 years and I grew up as a dealership rat... trust me on these recommendations--they work. Good luck.

This ^^^. I never walk in without my credit union financing in the bag, and I will absolutely Never-Ever talk payments. Good advice

Voltwings

Established Member
Over MSRP. They'll be $3K-4K rebates in another 3 months.

I'm currently eyeing this car, as I'm sick of constant issues with the Shelby. But every car there is similarly discounted.

http://www.autonationfordkaty.com/n...a0d04d30237ef11a91858f5.htm?searchDepth=46:63

Honestly, i would skip autonation katy, as i have had 2 bad experiences there.

1. My mother bought her 5.0 there and did not have a good experience. The sales guy was very inattentive, pushy, and sharked the sale from another salesman who my mother had started the deal with. Had she not really wanted that specific car she would have been out of there.

2. Fast forward a year and we're looking to trade my Fiance's v6 in on a GT. I walk in with the autotrader add of the car i want in-hand ... it is still 45 minutes before i get to drive it because the sales guy is scatter brained, cant find the car, its not gassed up ... it was ridiculous.

I then told the guy straight up, $xx,xxx out the door is all we can afford, can you do that?

Several after about the 3rd or 4th 20+ minute trip to the sales manager, with each being more irritating than the last, i finally told him we were done.
The first trip he gave us $500 more on her trade in, which is useless in the grande scheme of things since we were about $4k apart on our number. I told him again what our number was and asked if he can do it.

Second trip, he comes back and all he did was increase the loan period. but hey, he lowered our monthly note!! Irritated i told him we were leaving and he says "You've already wasted this much of my time, let me just try once more." I was beyond mad, but since she wanted the car i waited. He came back with another $500 on her trade in and i was just out of there.

Any autonation has to honor the price of any other auto nation. You can go there and test drive, but dont buy it there. They sell so much volume they dont give a shit about people.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Honestly, i would skip autonation katy, as i have had 2 bad experiences there.

1. My mother bought her 5.0 there and did not have a good experience. The sales guy was very inattentive, pushy, and sharked the sale from another salesman who my mother had started the deal with. Had she not really wanted that specific car she would have been out of there.

2. Fast forward a year and we're looking to trade my Fiance's v6 in on a GT. I walk in with the autotrader add of the car i want in-hand ... it is still 45 minutes before i get to drive it because the sales guy is scatter brained, cant find the car, its not gassed up ... it was ridiculous.

I then told the guy straight up, $xx,xxx out the door is all we can afford, can you do that?

Several after about the 3rd or 4th 20+ minute trip to the sales manager, with each being more irritating than the last, i finally told him we were done.
The first trip he gave us $500 more on her trade in, which is useless in the grande scheme of things since we were about $4k apart on our number. I told him again what our number was and asked if he can do it.

Second trip, he comes back and all he did was increase the loan period. but hey, he lowered our monthly note!! Irritated i told him we were leaving and he says "You've already wasted this much of my time, let me just try once more." I was beyond mad, but since she wanted the car i waited. He came back with another $500 on her trade in and i was just out of there.

Any autonation has to honor the price of any other auto nation. You can go there and test drive, but dont buy it there. They sell so much volume they dont give a shit about people.

The price on the internet is a great price, so I wouldn't need to negotiate it further. I'd go in and just buy it and go back to Louisiana with it. But.........I'm still debating on keeping the Shelby.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
I still cant believe the amount of dealers asking over sticker and refusing the go under- Local dealer has a USED (3,000 miles) 2.3 premium, asking 38k and change. Sticker was 36k. Are fools paying for this?

Users who are viewing this thread