779rwhp turbo Mach 1 vs Blown Camaro SS for $5k - to be happening in FL

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Check out the story so far:http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442082

art-224-thumb-1.jpg

Here's a link about the Mach 1: http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/article.phtml?ak=224

the Mach sounds brutal, but a real handful, wheel spins from a 90mph roll, lol.

Nobody seems to know much about the SS, except it's a built 408ci with a blower and is auto.

The Mach 1 has apparantly already raced and beat a turbo 350z and a Procharged Cobra.

whitecamaross said:
well, the race between the procharged 03 cobra and the mach1 went down. the mach1 won, but it wasnt by much. i think it was by about one car and it was done from a roll. however, the owner of the mach1 drove and he said he had to let off a few times since he felt the car going sideways. He still managed to pull it off and beat the procharged 03 cobra.
Wonder whether the Cobra owner is on this site at all? If so what sort of mods/rwhp where they running?

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
a built 408 should have atleast 700rwhp on a blower. procharged LS6's make 550rwhp on stock internals... forged internals look to make 600rwhp-650rwhp. a 408 should make 700 easy and more like 800 and this is gonna be a good race.

doesnt seem like anyone knows what the 408 is puttin out... anyone you challenges a known 779hp mach I for 5 grand should know they have it covered. i bet that 408 is brutal. i wouldnt want to race a 779hp mach one if i only had 650 at the wheels

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
the camaro is a built hpe 408 with a paxton novi 2000 on it. it is also automatic with a built rear end. Both of them will be on drag radials and it is supposed to be from a dig.

from ls1 tech.... interesting

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
The Camaro is going to roll right over that Mach. Built/Blown 408 > Built/Blown 281.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Wonder whether the Cobra owner is on this site at all? If so what sort of mods/rwhp where they running?

the car is making 660rwhp as said on page 4 i think on Ls1tech thread

ths shoudl be a good race.... the mach I needs work on keeping traction or else he wont stand a chance. the 408 car is a auto with high stall and hooks well.. 1.4x's 60 foots

on the street from a dig, its a drivers race to see who is gonna maintain traction

03 mach1

Established Member
its gonna roll right over it huh?.......almost 800rwhp!!! wtf is gonna roll right over it? ........someone said 660rwhp for the 408.......i dont see that happening......it the two hp levels are true a high roll like 80 ha and the mach will put the screws to the camaro........at a dig...id estimate......30 bus lenghts on the mach1....i have better tires than the mach with 400+rwhp......not a good idea........

Is the guy with the camaro termin8tor? the ones that beats the 05z06 with juice?...sick movie...but from what i understand the camaro has n02 as well...when he beat the z06..that might do it then......

HOPE WE DONT GET BLUE BALLED ON THE RACE!!!!!! :??:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
03 mach1 said:
its gonna roll right over it huh?.......almost 800rwhp!!! wtf is gonna roll right over it? ........someone said 660rwhp for the 408.......i dont see that happening......it the two hp levels are true a high roll like 80 ha and the mach will put the screws to the camaro........at a dig...id estimate......30 bus lenghts on the mach1....i have better tires than the mach with 400+rwhp......not a good idea........

Is the guy with the camaro termin8tor? the ones that beats the 05z06 with juice?...sick movie...but from what i understand the camaro has n02 as well...when he beat the z06..that might do it then......

HOPE WE DONT GET BLUE BALLED ON THE RACE!!!!!! :??:

Yep. Someone said that the Mach only edged out a 660rwhp procharged Cobra with a built rear end and slicks. The Camaro has a built and stalled auto cutting 1.4 sec. 60', it's going to be a beat down.

And I'm not saying that Mach isn't damned impressive, but it doesn't exactly sound like the Camaro owner is bringing a knife to a gunfight.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
03 mach1 said:
Is the guy with the camaro termin8tor?
Don't think so, his is a cam spray car with like 600rwhp, also not sure what state they are in.
03 mach1 said:
the ones that beats the 05z06 with juice?...sick movie...but from what i understand the camaro has n02 as well...when he beat the z06..that might do it then......
A stock Z06 shouldn't stand a chance against that Mach 1, the Mach is putting out nearly double the power.

Also I think it's been reputed that the SS has more like 750rwhp upto near 1000rwhp. But I think these are only guesses as I haven't seen any real stats except heresay.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Should be a killer race regardless of how it turns out. Hope the video is good. :pop:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
the mach I is said to have traction problems at 90mph rollls!! at a dig, its gonna be pointless race

hell, my IROCZ would pull him to 50mph probly from a dig cuz i'll be able to a launch.

the SS is a auto with stall and proper suspension/rear and tires.. it will be easy to launch on the street. from a dig, i thinkthe SS will get out to a lead while the stang struggles for traction.

the stang neeeds tires bad and suspension mods

GodStang

Established Member
Know what my buddies 402 LS2 does in the quarter with no blower I may have to favor the ss.

30th T/A

Established Member
1.4 60' for the SS vs. smoken em at 90 for mach 1.....the mach 1 is going to get beat down all because he cant hook up.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
The Camaro is going to roll right over that Mach. Built/Blown 408 > Built/Blown 281.

The camaro is blown the Mach is turboed. There IS a difference as you should know with the evo.

RealQuick

Established Member
How does the Mach achieve 779rwhp with 55# injectors????????? Is that a typo on the website?

JDsfastGN

Established Member
the mach does have a 50 shot as well which would help a lot on a turboed car.... Its gonna be more about traction than power though. Can't wait for the vid

03 mach1

Established Member
from everthing i see it seems that the ss is def set up gd for drag racn where as the mach ......seems more like a cool weekend warrior with a nasty motor........what i mean is it doesnt seem like the mach1 was built chassis wise to handle that kinda power.....tires, suspension, chassis stiffening ect....

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I doubt it will happen, but if that Camaro doesn't hook immediately and pull ahead, he doesn't stand a chance of catching up. That will be the story of this race.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
32V GT said:
The camaro is blown the Mach is turboed. There IS a difference as you should know with the evo.

Not really. "Blower" originally came about because people were attaching air pumps from mining equipment to their engines to see what would happen; they "blew" air in the engine. Since then many different types of superchargers (or blowers) have come out, be it driven by a belt or by the exhaust.

Besides, we don't know what type of supercharging is done to the Camaro. If it's a centrifugal supercharger, half of it is built the same as a turbocharger anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread