8.8 Rear End Build

VenemousStang

Established Member
Looking to build a SRA 8.8 rear for my cobra. Ive got whipple 3.4 making 700rwhp currently but will turn up the boost down the road with e85. Looking to see what the best route would be in building an 8.8 where I can also keep the abs. I have seen some c-clip eliminator kits cannot retain the abs. I have been looking at the wavetrac and the truetrac diffs with moser axles. either 31 spline c-clip axles or 33 spline but the 33 spline are non c-clip and then Im running into the abs issue. Is there something out there that can handle the power no problem and still retain the abs? Have heard the c-clip wavetrac isnt as good as the non c-clip wavetracs is that true? What are some recommendations thanks

BO TY KLR

Established Member
I run strange c-clip eliminators with their billet disk brake brackets and tone rings so I can keep abs.

JDUB348

Established Member
If i remember correctly, my buddy's car is rocking an 8.8 with 9" ends welded on and he was some how able to retain the ABS? That way you can run 9" axles in an 8.8.

As far as differentials go, i love my detroit tru track! I believe it would handle the power you're looking to put out?

VenemousStang

Established Member
Ive heard there are a few ways to keep the abs so I/m trying to see what the best method is. Also what the best diff is to go with: Truetrac Wavetrac or Torsen

VenemousStang

Established Member
Still trying to decide what diff I should use. True trac wavetrac or torsen. Have heard good and bad things about all 3. Car will be used as street car mostly with occasional road course and drag strip outings.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
On my other car I ran an 8.8 with welded tubes, truetrac, and moser 31's. Diff was not very noisy at all. Held up to a couple seasons before I sold the car. I commonly side stepped the clutch at 4500,5000,6000,6500(on slicks) and it never missed a beat. In a couple weeks when I rebuild my diff a truetrac will be in it for sure:thumbsup:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
On my other car I ran an 8.8 with welded tubes, truetrac, and moser 31's. Diff was not very noisy at all. Held up to a couple seasons before I sold the car. I commonly side stepped the clutch at 4500,5000,6000,6500(on slicks) and it never missed a beat. In a couple weeks when I rebuild my diff a truetrac will be in it for sure:thumbsup:

How is the noise with the true trac? I have heard they tend to be noisy when you come to a stop

:bash::poke:

Users who are viewing this thread