851 RWHP 670 RWTQ/ New to site

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Sorry...the no's were given by Mustang engineers after we pulled the No's we did..Shut down the computer and recalibrated just to make sure..the owner and tuner could not believe the no's..Check out Musscle Mustangs and fast fords..they ran comparisons and found some Std. trannys pulling more Hp than Automatics...depending on the tranny...Mustang Dyno Engineers say it is bullshit to throw a common no. at HP loss ..this tranny is a Tremec t-56 Cobra R with Viper innerds and 26 spline in put shaft..Engs say this tranny beause of its heavy gears and close build the loss is 25%...

We made 4 more runs on the dyno after recalibrating and pulled the same no.s
within 4 to 5 HP

First time at the track left the MT ET Street radials on to see if they would hook(had some MTET streets screw fit with tubes waiting to try out)
Ended up frying the tires all the way thru the 1/8 mile....shut down and coasted to the 1/4.....13.8 at 70 mph. Cracked the bell housing,surged the SC,bent the shaft on the New Powermate alternator,and fried the Mcloud twin disc clutch.
Now breaking in a new Spec twin disc clutch rated at 1395" TQ.

Go to www.speedfreaksinc.com and check out the othe cars he has built and tuned...some were very dissapointed with their numbers

Im not going to go on and on about this but those percentages have been used for a LONG time. you know why? take a BONESTOCK car and put it on the dyno. lets say....a 2001 Cobra. we know for a FACT according to Ford the car makes 320hp at the flywheel. what do they make on a dyno bone stock? 275-285 I have seen...whats the equate to?? a 15% or so drivetrain loss....pick a car...any car...

hell 03/04 Cobra's dynoed between 360 and 380rwhp....they were rated at 390. 360 is pretty damn close being at 400 with a 15% loss or according to your 24% an 03 Cobra made as much as 475 with the same tranny you have...its almost common sense man. good luck

and dyno numbers dont mean shit anyways...run it...Id rather brag about a 10.50 pass on 460rwhp than a 10.50 pass on 600rwhp...

Last edited:

sisky wolf

Established Member
No argument there..the only true test is on the track...Dynos have there purpose for tuning and evaluating HP.,but track tells no lies..except the drivers ability to get down the track.

Cammer281

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have heard that as you make more and more HP, power losses will also increase do to increases in load/friction on driveline gears/components

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I have heard that as you make more and more HP, power losses will also increase do to increases in load/friction on driveline gears/components

well if you lose 18% at 300 hp and use that same 18% at 2k hp...the loss is larger....

are you saying the percentage goes up? its possible

Cammer281

SVT Poster
Established Member
Yes, I'm saying that I was told the percentage of loss goes up slightly. Now I don't know this to be fact. As stated in my previous post, someone had told me this. If you think about it, it does make sense, i just don't know if it's true or not. Never the less it is something to think about.

Cammer.

Users who are viewing this thread