89 Hatchback GT build

IceIceBaby

Established Member
Bought this a couple months ago from a friend, been a GM guy my whole life and decided I wanted to try a ford out. Car currently has a stock block 302 with GT40P heads upgraded spring and scorpion rockers, E303 cam, typhoon intake, anderson power pipe, underdrive pullies, electric fan, different injectors not sure what size, same with the fuel pump, 3.55s out back, and thats about it. Fun little car as is, but ideally Im looking to build a solid 10 second car and still be streetable (relatively). My current gameplan is a 351 swap and maybe turbo that. Just going over odds and ends right now and hoping to have a motor in and ready by the end of the summer. foxxy.jpg

crazycarlo

Established Member
Awesome man. A turbo 351 should get ya to where you want with some good upgrades and a driver. Keep us updated.

IceIceBaby

Established Member
Had a fluidyne radiator that cracked along the end tanks, so replaced that with a champion rad, new battery in but now the fan wont kick over whether its switched or thermostat driven. I can hear it clicking and the shroud shudders but no movement, so that'll be the next gremlin to chase. My subframe connectors came in so also looking for a shop to weld them in. Bought new motor mounts and a fox swap 351 pan as well. slowly but surely making some progress. Seems the previous owner has all the additional accessories (wideband, fan switch, two-step) running directly off the battery terminal. Is this the correct way to go about it, or should i do some rewiring?

Last edited:

IceIceBaby

Established Member
Started having overheating problems, seems like the water pump finally gave up so out with the old in with the new along with a new thermostat.pump.jpg

Dig Race

Established Member
Stock bottom 351w decent heads with a turbo will get you in the 10s easy. Check out some builds on the turboforums....

Users who are viewing this thread