'89 SHO rear Flex lines?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Gang:

I'm wondering if someone has gone through this which might save me some time and frustration.

I am replacing the rear flex lines on my '89. I originally ordered them and when they came in they were the wrong ones. The part number was E7DZ-2282-B for both. This obviously was wrong because the lines are NOT the same for both sides:bash:

So, I took the wrong ones back and now ordered new ones. This has raised more questions with me. The right side hose they ordered is part number F4DZ-2A442A for $31.00 and get this, the left side is E9DZ-2A442B for $72.00!!!:cryying: I'm like, "What's up wit dat?!?!"" :shrug:

So, we shall see when they come in late next week.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it hugely!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by RTStabler51
say, I'm lost. what do you mean by 'flex line'?

Ryan:

Sorry, the hoses that go from the rigid lines on the body to the caliper.

Prophet:

I will check out shoforum.com thanks :thumbsup:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
thats what I thought, your talking brake hoses. Just go to advance auto or napa, or auto zoo, don't waste your time at the dealer for these parts :p

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ryan:

I'll check out Nappy. I'm driving right by them in the morning.

I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks,

Bruce

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

Just wanted to let you know I stopped at NAPA and ordered the line, of course it was not in stock :bash:

I like going to the Ford dealer for a few reasons:

1).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

Just wanted to let you know I stopped at NAPA and ordered the hose, of course it was not in stock :bash: It was $31.00 and I'll let you know tomorrow if it was the right one.

I like going to the Ford dealer for a few reasons:

1). I get a 25% discount with my SVTOA card.

2). The dealer is 1/2 mile from my office

3). I get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside when I open up a Ford parts box :thumbsup:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
oops forgot about that :) the napa I go to back home is a hub/warehouse :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok, Ryan, here's the update:

Went to Nappy this morning and the hose we ordered was supposed to be for the left rear (even double checked the catalog) and it was the opposite of what I needed. (aparently for the right side, nice looking hose though)

So, he ordered the one for the right side thinking they might have the numbers or the hoses in the boxes switched. (one of the two?)

So, tomorrow morning will tell the tale of the hose.

I'll keep you posted.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
man you wouldn't think it would be that hard to get a common part. I had no problems getting rear hoses for my car. I wonder if abs/non abs rear hoses differ?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ryan:

Nappy is dyslexic. If you want the left hose, order the right!:bash:

Got it this morning. It was 25.00.

Now I just have to wait till Friday for the Ford hose to get here for the right side.

Because I am having a brake dragging problem and it's not the brake booster, I think I'm going to replace the front hoses also at this time. I had no idea the hoses would be this easy to replace. (plus I'm due for a silicone fluid flush anyway) I have been using the Valvoline Synthetic Penetrating lubricant and I can't beleive how well that stuff works!! When I was a kid, ;-) all we had was liquid wench ;-) and this synthetic stuff is so much better. I'm having fun working on the car again. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your interest!!!

Bruce

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
yeah I think my brakes are/were dragging. A few common things to check if you haven't already is
1)Calipers sliding ok
2) the little metal clip that goes around the hose and mounts around the rear strut sometimes gets build up in there and pinches the hose, thus dragging brake. :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ryan:

As far as I know my calipers are sliding ok. I had them apart a few years ago and the car does not see much use. She's semi retired.

Quick question for you? Have you ever rebuilt (piston and seals) a rear caliper? How tough is it if you know? Is it one of those jobs you need four hands to do? I'm thinking it's something I may have to do one of these days. Believe it or not I am still on the original piston seals at all four corners :eek: Probably because I switched to silicone fluid in 1992. :coolman: Man, that is some sweet stuff I'll tell you

:D

Later! :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
never done it. I just buy the remanned ones. the only PITA part is putting the springs back on. But I learned a trick on that one :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Got the Ford hose for the right side. Was $24.00 with my SVTOA discount. Told them to stick the $72.00 left hose where the sun don't shine!!! They must be out of their minds, or someone in the pricing department is dyslexic and it was supposed to be $27.00?!?!? Or, they had a brain fart? :shrug: Who knows?

I decided to do the front hoses too as long as I'm at it.

Hopefully the SHO will be off jack stands soon. I'm getting anxious to see how she looks with the new tires and new slicers on it. :beer: :thumbsup: :coolman:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
beleive me I had the black baskets on the 90 and when i put the slicers on it made it look completely different!!

Users who are viewing this thread