9.96 in the 1/4

SVT_KY

Established Member
Anyone else go 9.96 in the 1/4 on a stock block heaton Cobra?

A freind of mine just did at the Shootout at Clay City KY

:thumbsup:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
CscottsSS said:
Man, sure are some haters over on Modularfords.

if thats what you wanna call it......

I will wait and let him back it up....

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
CscottsSS said:
Man, sure are some haters over on Modularfords.[/QUOTE

The eaton has a ton of potential in it. I have seen many eatons approaching 140 mph traps with n20 of course and that is a very 9 second capable trap speed. You just need a good 60 ft, kb and whipple dont help you 60 any better they just have a better topend charge. There are alot of ignorant people out there and alot on this site as well as modular fords but who cares what the ignorant people think or say.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
broke7 said:
if thats what you wanna call it......

I will wait and let him back it up....

Let who back it up? I was there to see Stephens run in person, I know it's legit. :thumbsup:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
CscottsSS said:
Let who back it up? I was there to see Stephens run in person, I know it's legit. :thumbsup:

I saw a top fuel car run 3.22@339mph back in 1995 at the US Nationals.....Although the current national record this time and day is in the 4.40's. was it legit?? hell no

Stephen himself said he would back it, there was no 60ft time on the slip, which leaves room to be doubted as most people will tell you, if you cant admit that then im not sure what to tell you.

I have over 600 passes down various track in various cars, and have had whack slips from time to time, some with 60ft's, and others missing others, I automatically disregard any info on those slips, because I think they are inaccurate. Timing error's do happen.

If you can tell me what he has done to that car to make it run 1/2 second quicker than any other previous known eaton/n20/irs car with basically the same weight, same power then I will arrest my case. As of right now, he cant tell anyone because its a very basic combo.

For reference his car went 6.26@109 that day in the 1/8th on an unknown 60ft......all in all making 620-630whp......

I went 6.71 @ 105.1 on a 1.51 60ft with the same power and basically the same weight. How does his car run 5 tenths quicker and 4 mph quicker in the 1/8th than mine?? It sure as hell didnt 60ft 1.2 I wish someone would fill me in so I can yank the KB off my car and go run some 9's with an eaton and 100 shot.

If he backs it up, I will eat my own words, along with alot of others, and I wont have a problem doing that.

For reference, this is what a 9 second eaton/n20 car leaving the line looks like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5HFUsdIc6o

Stephen seems like a kickass guy from his posts, and is sincere and honest as all hell, its all the other tools flaming the fire.

Last edited:

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Machinator said:
CscottsSS said:
Man, sure are some haters over on Modularfords.[/QUOTE

The eaton has a ton of potential in it. I have seen many eatons approaching 140 mph traps with n20 of course and that is a very 9 second capable trap speed. You just need a good 60 ft, kb and whipple dont help you 60 any better they just have a better topend charge. There are alot of ignorant people out there and alot on this site as well as modular fords but who cares what the ignorant people think or say.

HELLO?!?!?!? IS ANYONE IN THERE?????

You have NOT seen any upper only ported eatons trap 140 (well 137, this is a HUGE first) with only a 100 shot (FACT).

Did that 60' look like a 1.3/low 1.4 60' needed?? Well, we will never know SINCE IT IS ABSENT ON THE TIMESLIP :poke: Ignorant is what you are being. KNOWLEDGEABLE of what has been done, and questionable on the circumstances involving this time is what most of the people are.

By stating "kb and whipple have a better top end charge" just goes to show how ignorant YOU really are. The kb and whipple are NOT centri. chargers, turbo's, or progressive/dual stage nitrous setups. They work off the same principles as the eaton :bash:

GET A FREAKING CLUE BEFORE YOU CALL ANYONE ELSE MORONS.

EDIT: NOBODY (and I do mean nobody) is debating whether or not a 9 could be hit with a trap of 137. Did you even bother to READ anything posted in that thread? :poke:

Last edited:

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
broke7 said:
I saw a top fuel car run 3.22@339mph back in 1995 at the US Nationals.....Although the current national record this time and day is in the 4.40's. was it legit?? hell no

Stephen himself said he would back it, there was no 60ft time on the slip, which leaves room to be doubted as most people will tell you, if you cant admit that then im not sure what to tell you.

I have over 600 passes down various track in various cars, and have had whack slips from time to time, some with 60ft's, and others missing others, I automatically disregard any info on those slips, because I think they are inaccurate. Timing error's do happen.

If you can tell me what he has done to that car to make it run 1/2 second quicker than any other previous known eaton/n20/irs car with basically the same weight, same power then I will arrest my case. As of right now, he cant tell anyone because its a very basic combo.

For reference his car went 6.26@109 that day in the 1/8th on an unknown 60ft......all in all making 620-630whp......

I went 6.71 @ 105.1 on a 1.51 60ft with the same power and basically the same weight. How does his car run 5 tenths quicker and 4 mph quicker in the 1/8th than mine?? It sure as hell didnt 60ft 1.2 I wish someone would fill me in so I can yank the KB off my car and go run some 9's with an eaton and 100 shot.

If he backs it up, I will eat my own words, along with alot of others, and I wont have a problem doing that.

For reference, this is what a 9 second eaton/n20 car leaving the line looks like....

Stephen seems like a kickass guy from his posts, and is sincere and honest as all hell, its all the other tools flaming the fire.

sounds to me like he can just drive better than you :shrug:

SillyCobra

Established Member
broke7 said:

Please excuse my ignorance as I've been out of the SVTP loop for quite some time now, but why can the guy in the video you posted run 9's in an eaton/n20 Terminator (extrapolated from his 1/8th mile time), yet it's so difficult to believe the other guy in question did it? Is it because the guy in your video was running more than a 100 shot?

SillyCobra

Established Member
BTW, not taking sides here, but I too have had my fair share of timing errors in the past year... The last one was a 9.0 second timeslip I received after a piece of PAPER flew across the track tripping the 1/4 mile beam. What really sucked was I had my best ever 1/8th mile and 1000ft time on that run! Oh well, shit happens. BTW, from my experiences, when there IS a timing error, it's almost always just ONE part of your timeslip that's incorrect... I.e., you have your 60ft, 330, 1/8th, 1000ft & only ONE of them will be incorrect... And when one of them is incorrect, it's almost certain that all the others are correct... This is consistent with how the track works when you think about it... You have different beams for each leg of the 1/4 mile... So what I'm trying to say is although his 60ft was blank on the timeslip, that likely has nothing to do with his 1/4 mile ET... He tripped the beam at the beginning of the track and at the end of the track and that's all that matters. Each leg of the 1/4 mile is independent of the others when you think about how the track works with the different beams.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
I traped 13mph faster on a 100 shot with a 2.80 only.

i think its possible. If a 2.80 pulley cobras run 11.30s or so without lower pulley why wouldnt they run 9.99 with a 100 shot

Eatonup

Established Member
That guy must be the best driver in the world if he can knock off 1/2 second and gain 4-5 MPH better than the best 03/04 Cobra guys out there. It's particularly impressive that he did it with a soft launch and less mods. ie upper only. There's no way it could have been a equipment failure at the track, even though it didn't measure the 60ft time. Can you feel the sarcasm coming through? You either have common sense or you don't.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
SillyCobra said:
Please excuse my ignorance as I've been out of the SVTP loop for quite some time now, but why can the guy in the video you posted run 9's in an eaton/n20 Terminator (extrapolated from his 1/8th mile time), yet it's so difficult to believe the other guy in question did it? Is it because the guy in your video was running more than a 100 shot?

Here are just a couple of reasons....

The video broke posted is of a solid axled full drag suspension 03 cobra that weighs LESS than this car (cutting 1.4 60's), is running an UPPER AND LOWER pulley combo on his ported eaton, and the shot comes out to be about a 225 shot.

Does that make more sense to you now, why he posted the video for comparison??? BTW, the videos speak for themselves about who can drive. 03flamed (10.0@139) can OBVIOUSLY drive, and is most definately shifting faster and smoother than the video of the 9.96 run.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Eatonup said:
That guy must be the best driver in the world if he can knock off 1/2 second and gain 4-5 MPH better than the best 03/04 Cobra guys out there. It's particularly impressive that he did it with a soft launch and less mods. ie upper only. There's no way it could have been a equipment failure at the track, even though it didn't measure the 60ft time. Can you feel the sarcasm coming through? You either have common sense or you don't.

Guess you don't? :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread