93 COBRA OWNERS WERE ARE THEY

QuickStangs

Established Member
Any 93 cobra's in San Diego

I've only seen two real 93 cobra's since I brought mine three years ago if they are anymore in my area show me your pics :)

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
This is my 93 at Texas Motor Speedway's infield road course 10/22/01. My last dyno was 260RWHP 300RWTQ. I haven't been here in a while. I keep meaning to come back to check out the fourm, but damn I have a short term memory!

Jim - 93 - #2303

jrCobra

Established Member
I'm here. Here's mine.

93+cobra+1.jpg

Teal93

I have two 1993 Cobra's. One is Teal and the other one is Red. The teal one is #4678, But I dont know what the build number is on the red one. I guess I will have to call svt to get my certificate for it so I will know. I also have a white 1995 Lightning build #567 of 2280. My girl freind is in the works of buying the red one. I dont want to sell it but thats the only way I can afford to build my 427cid for my teal one. :p

FORDSALES

Established Member
I owned two 1993R cars. Got them in 1993 when five of us sued Ford Motor Co. to get them and won.

Ford only had enough material left to build four cars and offered one of us $10,000.00 not to take a car.

One of the two, I purchased one for $21,600 and sold it 30 days later for $35,500, sweet

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Fordsales,

Boy, that's something to be proud of. You wanted a 93R so bad you tried to sue Ford and then you sell the car 30 days later. If that isn't the American way these days I don't know what it......

Would you have any documentation about how the whole law suit came about? How did the 5 people who were going to sue Ford find each other? Any other details as the whole lawsuit thing is really misunderstood.

Those of you with 93R's check out the R Forum as well as us 93 R's need more representation over there!

FORDSALES

Established Member
You wanted a 93R so bad you tried to sue Ford and then you sell the car 30 days later.

First, we didn't try. We did. We actually got a judge to stop shipment of any of the 100 CobraR's until the suite was finalized. That is when Ford really started working with us.

Second, you cannot tell me you would not have done the same thing if you had in your hands two cars and someone wanted to give you a bunch of money for one, yes it is the American way.

How did the 5 people who were going to sue Ford find each other?

At that time, I was a manager at a Ford store. When I discovered Ford was going to sell 100 R cars on a first come bases, I notified every customer that I had across the US. I had actually 9 orders.

To get a car, a form had to filled out and the form had to be faxed to Ford at a precise time: too early, it was thrown away: too late, and all 100 cars would have been sold.

All 9 forms were faxed at one minute after the start time, one hour later, called Ford and found a few cars were still available. This meant that all 9 of my customers got their cars.

Ford came back and said that we were not going to get 9% of the production of the R car. This ticked some of us off because we played by Ford's rules and Ford did not stand by them.

Myself and four of my customers hired an attorney and history was made.

oldtimer50

93 Cobra Owner

Well, this is my first post. Fortunate owner of a Vibrant Red, 93 Cobra, Red 95 Lightning, Black 1C SVO-Comp. Prep with less than 18K miles on it and another 86 SVO to be restored.

The 93 I just got a few weeks ago. Have already done a long overdue tune up, PCV valve and metal strainer replacement (that was a bitch to do), all fluids, new brakes and just this weekend put in the Mac white gages.

Will eventually do the subframe connectors, strut brace, aluminum drive shaft and would like to go to larger front brake rotors etc.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Will be at Atlanta this weekend for the SVTCobra club event and car show. If you are there, I look forward to meeting you.

Member of the SVTOA, SVO CLUB OF AMERICA (SVOCA), MCA, and SVTCOBRACLUB.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I guess when you consider that in 93 you were supposed to sign an agreement that the vehicle was going to be raced I am surprised you were able to do what you did. It's unfortunate that people were forced to wait for their delivery of their cars so that you guys could get yours as well.

Just seems kind of selfish. Flame me if you want but it does.

Good story never the less..... What dealer did you work for at the time? Just wondering as the suit is always referred to as the Colorado suit but the dealers name is not mentioned.

FORDSALES

Established Member
It's unfortunate that people were forced to wait for their delivery of their cars so that you guys could get yours as well.

I didn't say that people had to wait. The legal matter was finished long before Ford was going to ship.

I am surprised that you seem to be upset at us vs. being upset at Ford for not honoring their own rules that they set up to purchase the cars.

We were going to race but the suite changed all that.

I really should not bring the dealership into this because the dealership was never apart of it.

The truth of the matter is I'm really not suppose to talk about.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by FORDSALES

First, we didn't try. We did. We actually got a judge to stop shipment of any of the 100 CobraR's until the suite was finalized. That is when Ford really started working with us.

That's what you said. Doesn't stop shipment imply that shipment started?

I'm not upset. I just find it humorous that you "Played" by Fords rules, including signing a document stating you were going to race the car and then you sell it less than a month later for a $14k profit. Amazing that a lawsuit can stop you from racing cars.

Was that Ford's rule as well?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

FORDSALES

Established Member
yes we did get a judge to stop Ford from releasing any R cars until the legal matters were settled.

That is when Ford finally decided that they better get their attorneys going and it was finished shortly afterwards.

Than we waited for a long time before the cars arrived.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have a Vibrant Red one. Mostly stock. Would like to get some 3.73s this summer.

LSs1Power

Established Member
Originally posted by JimJr
This is my 93 at Texas Motor Speedway's infield road course 10/22/01. My last dyno was 260RWHP 300RWTQ. I haven't been here in a while. I keep meaning to come back to check out the fourm, but damn I have a short term memory!

Jim - 93 - #2303

Wow thats nice 260RWHP and 300RWTQ. What mods did u have when u dyno'd ur car?

Cobrasnake302

Established Member
Cool site!!! Well, I am not the owner of a real '93 Cobra (I couldn't afford one at the time), but I came across some smashed Cobras and pieced my '90 GT to look like one and painted it mystic like the '96 Mystic Cobra. I have always loved the '93 Cobras and one day I will get a real one. I hope I am still welcome here even though mine is fake:p There are some real nice rides on this board.
here are some pics of mine

Users who are viewing this thread