93 cobra rear rotors

Snake_93

Established Member
I had a bent rear axle and replaced them with moser axles (thanks to who ever helped me with the moser info..cant remember your username) and now it seems I must replace my rear rotor on the driver side that had the bent axle shaft. I think the rotor must be warped now and it rubs constantly and makes a very disturbing sound. So I need to know what kind of rotor to purchase and where I could purchase the rotor. Also what kind of brake pads would you reccomend?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I personally would recommend Baer Brakes I have their Street/Track kit on my 93 Cobra, and they are incredible !!! I also went with the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. Together they are a nice combination. Hope this helps.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Here we go.... your getting the aftermarket bug. After the brakes... i guarantee itll be something else!! :beer: Congratulations.

I also recommend the Baer brakes. Their eraidspeed rotors look awesome, get serious looks, and perform well.

-Homer

Lee

Established Member
The Baer brakes are great, but if you want to keep it stock I was able to get new rear rotors from NAPA. I think they were about $60 each.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by DAVESVT2000
I personally would recommend Baer Brakes I have their Street/Track kit on my 93 Cobra, and they are incredible !!! I also went with the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. Together they are a nice combination. Hope this helps.

So how much did that combo set you back? Dang, can't believe I'm asking, like I need more mods...:bash:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
That was about 9 years ago that I changed the brakes, I think the front kit was around $1100, and the rears were $600 at the time. Not sure now if the prices have gone down or up, you would have to check their web site for current prices and core charges ( on the front spindles).

Click on Baer Brakes in my first post, it is a link to their site.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
The Baer Brakes are a great upgrade, I use them on my '93 Coupe Track Car. Baer used to offer a '93 Cobra specific upgrade but I think they have discontinued it. Contact Baer for specifics they are usually very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread