93 Cobra Vs 2004 ss pickup

Stinger99

Established Member
Wynn
I will not put 3,73's in this thing. I was thinking about going 3'55's until i deciede what route im taking in mods.

I had them in my 92lx and way to much gear for this thing.

I'm unsure if I'm gonna advance the timming thou. I dont think i am.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
i have no idea what those trucks run but i hope you win. the 93s are getting old but we still have to put up a good fight! i run 3.55s with drag radials (street car only) and i couldnt be happier. i think the more power you make the worse those gears are going to hurt your traction.. but i could be wrong. smoke his ass, buddy!!

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
They run 15.1 stock, it should be a drivers race if both vehicles left at the same time. With the 3 cars he is giving you he doesnt have enough to pull you in that brick with 4 wheels...

Unless he has secret mods lol

If they really run a 15.1 stock, he'll eat him alive with zero cars.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Wynn
I will not put 3,73's in this thing. I was thinking about going 3'55's until i deciede what route im taking in mods.

I had them in my 92lx and way to much gear for this thing.

I'm unsure if I'm gonna advance the timming thou. I dont think i am.

Why won't you advance the timing... Just run premium, the car makes more power and almost everyone who has a 5.0 n/a does it. As far as the gears, 3.55's or 3.73 would be fine. I would prefer the 3.73's, but you do have to be able to hook to make use of all of it.

I had 4.10's in my 95 when it was n/a. I loved it, until I put the s-trim on. After that, they became pretty useless on the street.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Either your friend is seriously delusional about what his truck is capable of, or he has some mods he isnt disclosing(N2O). If all he has is what you listed and he gives you a 3 car lead it will be a slaughterfest. The fact that he's that cocky makes me think he has something up his sleeve, but Ive known ignorant douchebags like that before that have no idea what they have so he could just be that stupid. Even a straight up race you should take him with those mods.

TEGEN

Established Member
Tell him you don't need any lengths. It will be a close race up to 60 with his AWD & torque, but after that you'll start walking him pretty good.

Definately advance the timing as others have suggested. My 70K mile 93 Cobra with exhaust only ran 13.9-14.0 @ 99mph on (super hard) Goodyear F1 Steels with no power shifting.

BLUBLLS

Advance the timing, put on the short belt, and give it the good 'ol 5.0 "10 minute tune-up" and you will absolutely DESTROY him for the cost of just a short belt

Stinger99

Established Member
Tempting, but I just might try it stock....Not sure yet. I'll let you guys know if i need any help with anything.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Who cares? You have a virgin '93 Cobra. How many of those are still around?

Your car is 16 years old and if it has low miles is worth a good amount of money. Park it in the garage and drive it on nice days. Go whore out an LX or GT if you've got the mod bug. Hold that car for another few years and it will really start to appreciate.

2tonOfun

Established Member
ANY Fox-body Mustang with less than 100K miles and no mods is virgin these days. I think the vast majority on here would agree.

I do.

There is a black 93 Cobra near my house. the guy never drives it, never washes or waxes it, the paint is just getting worse and worse. It has 61,000 miles on it. I've left him three notes asking to buy it. he's never answered any of them.:fm:

I mean, fine don't sell it but at least cover it or wash and wax the poor thing now and then. He washes his Dodge Ram pile of shit all the time. :nonono:

Ok, carry on.

SVThink

Get on the brakes before he passes you, you'll win everytime.

Especially since you're gonna be ahead by 3 cars...

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Ok two things. First thing is that you will definitely win. Second thing is post a video. :rockon:

SpdPilot

Established Member
I do.

There is a black 93 Cobra near my house. the guy never drives it, never washes or waxes it, the paint is just getting worse and worse. It has 61,000 miles on it. I've left him three notes asking to buy it. he's never answered any of them.:fm:

I mean, fine don't sell it but at least cover it or wash and wax the poor thing now and then. He washes his Dodge Ram pile of shit all the time. :nonono:

Ok, carry on.

LOL.... rescue that Mustang! Car hugger!! Tie yourself to the bumper until he gives it proper treatment! Fords aren't just machines, they have feelings and deserve to be protected! Dam dodge owners! :lol:

Oh wait.... We need a proper name "People For Ethical Treatment of Automobiles" or PETA.... errrr that one might be taken already

I live in Oceanside, I right there with you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread