94 Cobra vs a 2003 Mustang GT

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
So me and a friend of mine were talking shit to each other, about our mustangs. He kept saying how is GT would destroy my 94 Cobra, even with boltons. So I figured, I have to show him whats up. We get out on the highway just cruising, revving, and having a good time. We finally get even in 3rd gear, and I yell to him on the 3rd honk we will go. I count 1, 2, and then he punches it (claims he didnt hear me). He took off gaining almost a half a car length for a second or so getting the jump, so of course I drop the hammer into 2nd gear, and proceed to catch him. By about the low middle of the 3rd gear we are dead even, screaming Bassani Xhaust is drowning everything and Im a head of him. I quickly shift into 4th, and look in my rear view mirror and see he is more than 2 car lengths behind me. After we stopped and BS'd he said his rev limiter was on (please).

My mods are:
Stock short block w/ GT40 heads
Ford Racing E Cam
K&N air intake
BBK 70mm throttle body
BBK o/r X pipe
Bassani Xhaust
Stock gears 3.08
T5 (rebuilt with Ford Racing parts)
Ford Racing clutch

Making 280hp/311tq on a mustang dyno

My friends 03 GT:
American Muscle "special" cold air intake
Factory 3.27 gears
Diablosport racing tune
Mac exhaust o/r with center chamber muffler
BBK shorty headers
Ram clutch

Dyno numbers unknown???

I thought I hammered some ass good for an old pushrod engine! lol

Last edited:

Naturesmistake

Established Member
Beating up on a 2 valve is like picking a fight with the guy at the bar who bags groceries at the ripe old age of 54 and giggles like a school girl at the mention of poo. The guy who's mom died so no one takes care of him and sometimes, he puts his shoes on backwards. Sometimes he even wears his shirt inside out... and you just punched him in the face.

Good Kill.

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Beating up on a 2 valve is like picking a fight with the guy at the bar who bags groceries at the ripe old age of 54 and giggles like a school girl at the mention of poo. The guy who's mom died so no one takes care of him and sometimes, he puts his shoes on backwards. Sometimes he even wears his shirt inside out... and you just punched him in the face.

Good Kill.

The op was driving a 2v...

02blownGT

Established Member

Good Kill.
:lol: i really like this! And i drive a 2v its not very stock but its still a 2v.Good kill OP

geoffc

Established Member
Sure sounds like the OP is in a 94 Cobra with a 302. But what do I know, I only read picture books....

Good kill man!! Way to represent old school!!

This is SVTP so I'm guessing he was being a smartass referring to the fact that the pushrods have 2 valves per cylinder.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member

Good Kill.

Oh, really...

Maybe, just maybe the GT needs the driver mod, just saying'....

+1 not the outcome I expected.

Last edited:

Hybbs

Established Member
The Gt with the bolt ons was, at best, making around 250rwhp. You pulled on him simply because you are making about 30 more rwhp. I had a 01 GT, with bolt ons. Definitely not a world beater, but I did surprise a few LT1 Slomaros.

Users who are viewing this thread