94 Cobra w/ 2.1L Kenne Bell on the Dyno!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
It is a lot of fab work for sure as you have to modify the sc inlet and outlet. The 1st guy to do it actually did it on a 95 Cobra and made some good power. Here is the link to corral.

DIY Kenne Bell Fox air to air intercooler build list. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

KBintercooler051.jpg

I've been following 92rohcp's thread on Corral for a while now. I had actually spoken with him a few months ago about shipping my blower out to have him do the cutting and welding but it's a bit out of my price point at this time.

yeah seems like way to much work for the $ and his setup looks to make arouund 550rwhp,dont get me wrong 500+rwhp is all you need and is alot and is good but for the money and having a 363 heads cam dart stroker he has a big 2.8 kb with 20psi and it only puts down 550rwhp thats not really that impressive,

a stock 4 valve cobra with just a 2.8 kb blower swap on 15-19psi will make 600rwhp all day.. that seems like alot of work to make 550rwhp, a regular vortech or procharger kit on 20psi would be making around 700rwhp on that kind of boost.

a friend of my she has a 2007 shelby with a 2.8 kb on her shelby it put down 775rwhpon 18psi. for ref

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
yeah seems like way to much work for the $ and his setup looks to make arouund 550rwhp,dont get me wrong 500+rwhp is all you need and is alot and is good but for the money and having a 363 heads cam dart stroker he has a big 2.8 kb with 20psi and it only puts down 550rwhp thats not really that impressive,

a stock 4 valve cobra with just a 2.8 kb blower swap on 15-19psi will make 600rwhp all day.. that seems like alot of work to make 550rwhp, a regular vortech or procharger kit on 20psi would be making around 700rwhp on that kind of boost.

a friend of my she has a 2007 shelby with a 2.8 kb on her shelby it put down 775rwhpon 18psi. for ref

He actually hasn't had it on the dyno since that setup. He's estimating that he's around 730rwhp now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALevV8XJZ_M

This is the video that sold me not only on the Kenne Bell but the possibility of eventually doing the A2A setup. I don't want to share his price publicly but it's very reasonable for the amount of work he puts in. Aside from that the plumbing and intercooler can be had for less than $500 and it is something that can be installed within a few hours. I'd have to delete my washer fluid reservior though boooo :lol1:

BLK93GT

Established Member
He actually hasn't had it on the dyno since that setup. He's estimating that he's around 730rwhp now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALevV8XJZ_M

This is the video that sold me not only on the Kenne Bell but the possibility of eventually doing the A2A setup. I don't want to share his price publicly but it's very reasonable for the amount of work he puts in. Aside from that the plumbing and intercooler can be had for less than $500 and it is something that can be installed within a few hours. I'd have to delete my washer fluid reservior though boooo :lol1:

Yea he is making crazy power now for sure. The 550 was on the old setup. But again, dynos don't win races :).

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Yea he is making crazy power now for sure. The 550 was on the old setup. But again, dynos don't win races :).

Very true but torque does :coolman:

If he can get it down to the ground that is...

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Gonna bump this up as sort of my incredibly slow journal if you will...

The car has only been out once in the past few months for a brief run to fill up a fresh tank of gas in this absolutely abysmal weather that we've been experiencing in the north east. She sat for over a month without being turned over and I was pleased that after a quick jump she fired right up and ran strong.

I'm still riding on a suspension with nothing other than the Eibach pro-kit springs, front & rear anti-roll bars and Maximum Motorsport CC plates that I installed sometime ago. The ride quality is absolute shit. The car tracks every groove in the road and I feel it from my tailbone to my shitty haircut when I hit a bump. I have new in a box a set of Steeda X2 balljoints as well as their bump-steer kit, and I am picking up a set of the Koni yellow single adjustable shocks and struts as soon as the rear shocks are back in stock at AM. I'll also eventually do a set of FLSFC's when the time is right.

I currently have a brand new set of 265/35/18 Falken FK453 tires (which I love by the way) on the front and just ordered a set of brand new 295/35/18 BFG Drag radials which should be here today at some point for the rears.

Over the coming months I'd like to start focusing on building my top end with a fresh pair of aluminum heads and an aftermarket cam. I'm thinking more of leaning towards the AFR 185's because if I eventually do upgrade the shortblock down the road I'll still be able to run them. As for a cam I'd most likely get a Ford F-303 cam or a Steeda #19. There are many members running them with similar setups to mine making great power while retaining stock drivability. In addition I already have a set of used FRPP 42# injectors (green tops) sitting in a box, just need a MAF, fuel pump and a way to tune it (SCT 4-bank, tweecer rt, moates qh, etc).

My eventual goal is to reach around the 380/400 rwhp mark SAFELY without increasing the boost past 6lbs. My IAT's are still pretty good even on hot summer days at that boost level. I'd rather make the power by building the top end than shove more boost through the motor.

I'll keep this thread updated as my progress with the car slowly (but surely) progresses!!

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Sounds like your headed in the right direction. I would go with AFR 165's over the 185's for your stock short block, there is a possibility of ptv clearance issues depending on cam selection. I believe the f303 would clear it, but just to be safe.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
You're completely right I did a bit of research after posting and it is indeed correct that I would need to cut the stock pistons to clear the 185's.

BLK93GT

Established Member
AFR 165 or TFS would be fine, if you have the budget get a custom cam maybe talk to Freezy on corral.net. I have used the Steeda #19 and recommended it to a friend that made over 400rwhp in his 93 Cobra with a Kenne Bell and GT40X heads. The less restrictions you have pre blower the better. 75mm tb, 90mm maf 4" piping etc.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
AFR 165 or TFS would be fine, if you have the budget get a custom cam maybe talk to Freezy on corral.net. I have used the Steeda #19 and recommended it to a friend that made over 400rwhp in his 93 Cobra with a Kenne Bell and GT40X heads. The less restrictions you have pre blower the better. 75mm tb, 90mm maf 4" piping etc.

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread