$940 to re-paint rear bumper??

beerMuscles03

Established Member
Hello,
A shop recently quoted me $940 to have my rear bumper re-painted black. I have 2 bad scratches and some cracks in the paint from the fiberglass bending so the quote includes a full block sand and primer.

I honestly have not had any previous cars painted so I don't know what this type of job would typically cost. But to me this seems like a high amount just to paint a bumper.

I'm looking to fix the bumper and then sell the car so I would like to keep the cost somewhat low but I'm not getting a Maaco job or anything like that.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Wow!

I paid $200 to have mine completly redone in black and its flawless!

Had a fiberglass hood done at the same time for $350 which included some prepping and filler work to get it perfect!
$600 total for both and a set of bullit side scoops, all in black!

Definetly get another quote!

NoRdO

Established Member
Go to that shop and spit in that guys face and piss on the floor! I'm currently painting my front and rear bumper along with fixing a dent in the quarter panel and also painting 2 newer side scoops. I have this painter that I know tho. It isn't going to cost me more than $500, paint included. That is a pretty f***** up estimate. Find another shop.

RussZTT

Established Member
Prep the bumper yourself. Take it off or leave it on the car. Call around to see how much they would charge just to spray it (on or off the car). Shouldn't be a few hundred dollars. :beer:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
RUN from that shop. I paid $150 to have a rear bumper painted. It would be cheaper for you to buy a new bumper and have it sprayed.

beerMuscles03

Established Member
Thanks alot for all the responses. I guess I will shop around for some more quotes after the feedback here.

SpectorV

Established Member
if its just a repaint of the rear bumper no blending or matching then 300 dollars~ thats about right give or take depending on area

Tractionless1

Established Member
$350 at a Ford dealer + $175 for Mystic Chrome paint I purchased myself = $525 and that included spraying the COBRA with silver and HAND outlining then clearing it all!!! No vinyl decals nor 3d plastic 4 me. I said AT THE DEALER!!! Run from where ever you went.

DSC_0888.gif

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
I payed $600 to have my front bumper sprayed and the rear bumper fixed and painted to match. this was on my previous car.

Now I know someone and he's going to repaint my fr. and rr. for $350:)

But yea I agree with everyone else. I would imagin round $200-$300 tops from a good reputable shop.

SVT GT

Established Member
Find another shop...either they want to rip you off or they dont want to do the job. I
just had my 04 cobra bumper shaved and painted. The price for that only came to $450 out the door.

beerMuscles03

Established Member
Well I found a guy who is going to do it for around $250. He works at a dealer and is going to paint it at his shop this weekend.

Glad I asked around first. Thanks again everyone.

steve5575

Established Member
I was told by my shop that they preheat the urethane and let it sweat before shooting paint. Is that how all painters typically paint our plastic parts?

KILRSVT

Established Member
never heard of that.....maybe they pre heat it to make the pain flow better and dry better. to the op the price is to high i got an estimate to repair my rear bumper nick for 150..

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
like everyone else said that price is waaaay high.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
$940 sounds about right........

..... if you bought BOTH new bumpers and had them both painted.

Users who are viewing this thread