95 R modifications

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
TB will fit 302 or 351...mine is a BBK. The stock MA is very limited, I would get a SCT if you get a SCT Tune.

XLR8- FP Regulator is a band-aid fix on the lean issue. Your computer will work back around that and the injectors will fire lean again after awhile. Get a chip tune if you're having lean/rich issues.

RossSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I plan on an SCT tune with Big Air. Looks like the way to go.

95R#177

Established Member
RossSVT said:
Same here.
Robert and Roger,
I looked on the part, the number is: F6TE-19A216-GA. It is just a black painted steel idler pully. It is just a simple 10 minute replacement with the stock plastic one. A real mechanic could probably do it in half that.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
95R#177 said:
Robert and Roger,
I looked on the part, the number is: F6TE-19A216-GA. It is just a black painted steel idler pully. It is just a simple 10 minute replacement with the stock plastic one. A real mechanic could probably do it in half that.

Thank you^^^^^^^^^.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Shane - I just called Ford parts, he tried to cross that number a few different ways and did not find a cross reference for that engineering number. Do you happen to have the box, or an exact application?

Thanks, Robert

Last edited:

RossSVT

Established Member
95R#177 said:
Robert and Roger,

Thanks Shane

95R#177

Established Member
Robert M said:
Shane - I just called Ford parts, he tried to cross that number a few different ways and did not find a cross reference for that engineering number. Do you happen to have the box, or an exact application?

Thanks, Robert

Robert,
I pulled it from a 90s Ford truck in a salvage yard. I have heard that Performance Parts, Inc. now carries them NIB ($49.99) for their Mustang customers. Here is a copy of the listing from their website:

"5.0L idler pulley, no need to spend $300.00+ for Ford's replacement bracket assembly to simply replace this pulley!, consider getting a spare as the originals fail without notice, new...view"

Of course I spent neither their $49.99 or the $300 they claim Ford charges for the bracket assembly. The salvage yard operator didn't charge me for the part, as I do business there regularly. I bet you could do the same.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
95R#177 said:
Robert,
I pulled it from a 90s Ford truck in a salvage yard. I have heard that Performance Parts, Inc. now carries them NIB ($49.99) for their Mustang customers. Here is a copy of the listing from their website:

"5.0L idler pulley, no need to spend $300.00+ for Ford's replacement bracket assembly to simply replace this pulley!, consider getting a spare as the originals fail without notice, new...view"

Of course I spent neither their $49.99 or the $300 they claim Ford charges for the bracket assembly. The salvage yard operator didn't charge me for the part, as I do business there regularly. I bet you could do the same.

Shane - Does this idler have the rails on each side like the original plastic idler? or is it smooth all the way across with no lips/rails like a regular idler?

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
95R#177 said:
It is smooth--much easier to keep clean too.

Thanks Shane. The pulley listed for the mid-90s 460 has a FA suffix, the Diesel has a HA suffix and then yours has a GA. I will do some additional research at the Ford dealer locally that specializes in Ford trucks.

R

95R#177

Established Member
Robert M said:
Thanks Shane. The pulley listed for the mid-90s 460 has a FA suffix, the Diesel has a HA suffix and then yours has a GA. I will do some additional research at the Ford dealer locally that specializes in Ford trucks.

R

Robert,
Don't make this hard on yourself, dude, go to: http://www.performancepartsinc.com/main.htm...follow the link for engine parts, and look for the description I sent you earlier.

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
Plastic idler pulley

The pulley takes a standard alternator bearing available through NAPA...about 10-15 bucks.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Does anyone know of an idler in metal, of the same diameter, that has the guide rails on each side to keep the belt centered, like the original plastic idler?

R

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Robert M said:
Does anyone know of an idler in metal, of the same diameter, that has the guide rails on each side to keep the belt centered, like the original plastic idler?

R

Robert,

You do not need the rails. The ribs on the belt keep it centered. There aren't any metal pullies that are smooth (for back side of the belt) that have guide rails.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Cobra R Man said:
Robert,

You do not need the rails. The ribs on the belt keep it centered. There aren't any metal pullies that are smooth (for back side of the belt) that have guide rails.

:thumbsup:

R

Users who are viewing this thread