95 R - need to relocate power steering cooler

SDW Racing

Established Member
To the 95 R owners....

...how many of you have relocated the power steering cooler from the original location in the driver's side fog light opening?

I am installing ducting to cool the front brakes on the car.

Looking for suggestions on where to relocate it without having to pull the front bumper off the car.

What did you do? :shrug:

Thanks,

John

95R#177

Established Member
John,
A couple years ago, when I faced this, I thought I was going to have to do the same. However, I was assured the duct could be routed around the cooler. It looked impossible to me, and I was more than skeptical. In the end, I was successful at routing around it, and was just one example of how the 'old timers' on this site do indeed provide sound advice. At times, I just haven't readily accepted that good advice.

For the install, I used a combination of the backing plates (those that attach at the empty holes meant for the dust shields) and black 3-in hose that Anthony sells, white PVC reducers (from Lowe's), and heavy-duty plastic zip ties. The white PVC reducers fit nicely right into the holes in the bumper cover, and look like they came with the car. The hose fits nicely into the PVC reducers. I think the only tricky part was the routing of the hose so that the wheels would not rub the hoses.

SDW Racing

Established Member
Shane,

Thanks...I have the complete kit that Anthony sells.

I have the black cups from Anthony and attaching it to the foglight opening. Can I then use an angled PVC tube to route it around the cooler?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
John,

On my car the power steering cooler simply isn't used. Never had it from the day I bought it. They are circulating through the radiator like the OEM lines run but no cooler. My car has no problems puking power steering fluid. Go figure?

Tom

95R#177

Established Member
John,
I didn't use the black cups that attach to the opening. Just fit the white PVC reducers in the openings (fairly tight fit), and secured with some black RTV sealer. Then the end of the black hose sticks into the PVC reducer. I also used some RTV sealer to secure those connections. All-in-all, a very light-weight set up, and minimum metal. Call if you'd like to discuss, or email me, and I can take some photos and send to you.

SDW Racing

Established Member
John,
I didn't use the black cups that attach to the opening. Just fit the white PVC reducers in the openings (fairly tight fit), and secured with some black RTV sealer. Then the end of the black hose sticks into the PVC reducer. I also used some RTV sealer to secure those connections. All-in-all, a very light-weight set up, and minimum metal. Call if you'd like to discuss, or email me, and I can take some photos and send to you.

Shane,

email sent.

JM

Users who are viewing this thread