96, 97 or 98

JohnsMyName

Established Member
96,97, or 98 are all basically the same damn car. If your going to chose by year your an idiot no offense. Any of the 3 thats in best shape for the money, is the one you should get.

Condition & Price should be the deciding factors in your purchase, smarten up man.

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
I knew my 96 was a bit different than the rest because i have that little underhood light on my car.

Been driving me crazy to know whether it was a factory option or something someone wired in there.

super302

Established Member
DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THE HONEYCOMB GRILLE?
I dont know what you guys are talking about

doubletrouble said:
I've had a 96 and a 97 and have worked very closely on a certain blk98 to know there are quite a few differences between the years. Like early 96s(made in 95) have bigger headrests, underhood light, little gills behind the sidescoops, different size numbering in the odometer(the actual mileage counter), and the honeycomb grills. The early 97s have a different sticker tag on the engine(as well as all 96s), no gills behind the sidescoops, no big headrests. The late 97s got the 98 plaque style tag on the engine. And the 98s are the most different of them all with cupholders instead of ash trays, different rims, different exhaust hangers, different size fuel filter, different tune, firewall, IMRC plates, no STB, no clock pod, and I'm pretty sure that's about all of it.

Yea it seems like everytime we would do something to 1 of the 3 cars, we would figure out something different btwn them huh? Fuse box was the last thing we noticed if you remember. My 98 is weird though, I have the big ass headrests :shrug:

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Blk98Cobra said:
My 98 is weird though, I have the big ass headrests :shrug:

You bastard you are going to confuse these people. I want big headrests too! Find me a saddle 94-95 Cobra and we'll pull a jack move on that bia fo real :lol1:

doubletrouble said:
You bastard you are going to confuse these people. I want big headrests too! Find me a saddle 94-95 Cobra and we'll pull a jack move on that bia fo real :lol1:

The other dude that was gonna hook me up moved, and now he won't answer his phone, otherwise, you would also have a pair :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread