96-98 Cobra hood inserts

toby1234

Established Member
Hey guys. I have a pair of hood scoop inserts (aka nostrils) from a 97 cobra. They are in great shape. No cracks. Black grills are solid. Hood is sold. I'm asking $350 shipped. Message me if interested. Thanks.

photo5_zps3b7ca933.jpg

Last edited:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
That price seems extremely high. .
Is that what they normally go for? Ive seen them for 60ish a few times.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I think I'll just buy a hood with them already installed. For far less money than $350. It's not like these should ever be separated from the hood anyway.......Unless someone is purely trying to capitalize on every last piece of the hood. Geez.

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
They hard to find as people usually don't separate them from a hood. These hoods are getting harder and harder to find but usually when do find a hood for sale the whole hood is 350 if not cheaper

toby1234

Established Member
I definitely understand where you guys are coming from and if I didn't know any better, I would value these at around $50. Mainly because there isn't much to gauge from and they're purely cosmetic. However, I was told by someone who sells these that they normally sell for $300-400. I checked on eBay and there's a set for $400. I don't usually trust eBay for current market values but this time, it agreed with what I was told by that particular seller. The price reflects supply and demand. While the demand could increase or decrease, the supply is guaranteed to only decrease. At least for now.

rtusnake

Established Member
I sold two sets recently for $275. They are worth the money, just have to hit the narrow market at the moment

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
Since they are so hard to find why would you ever separate them from the hood??? Who would want a stripped down hood that you can't get the inserts for lol??? I am selling my hood for 350 complete, guess I am not asking nearly enough......

cobra94svt

Established Member
well that's the funny part hard to get 3-350 for the whole hood, you can sell separate because guys who are fixing a wrecked car don't need the inserts.....but guys who buy the NOS hoods floating around need just inserts because they don't think about the hood not having them...

toby1234

Established Member
So I asked $200 for the complete hood and a guy offered me $140 for the hood without the inserts. I figured they were only worth about $40-50 so I agreed. Then I searched to see what they were going for and that's when I saw their price on eBay. That's how I ended up with the first black set. This white set was a similar situation. Except I sold the hood for $120. Once again, the buyer didn't need the inserts. Neither of them contacted me after the sale to ask about the inserts, which they knew I had. Both of them had cobras. So was it a dick move for only selling them what they needed and asked for?

Users who are viewing this thread