96-98 cobras running hellion turbos.. question about MAF

b00stin

Established Member
What Mass air flow sensor do you guys run? I am setting mine up as a draw thru system. I bought a Pro-M 80mm Mass air flow sensor and this thing is just way to big to run in the space that is available... any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

crazycarlo

Established Member
well they say to rub it in as much straight pipe as possible however the PMAS HPX 05 style meter doesnt need as much straight section as a tradition MAF, or atleast thats the way it was explained to me when I bought mine. I had it on a intercooled S-trim setup in blow through configuration and it worked great. Post up a picture of your engine bay if ya can.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Also, I hope you realize it's not as simple as "just use a slot style maf" to convert to blow through on a turbo car.

b00stin

Established Member
well they say to rub it in as much straight pipe as possible however the PMAS HPX 05 style meter doesnt need as much straight section as a tradition MAF, or atleast thats the way it was explained to me when I bought mine. I had it on a intercooled S-trim setup in blow through configuration and it worked great. Post up a picture of your engine bay if ya can.

It would probably have to run in the wheel well portion of piping as far as i can see.. that is the only portion for straight pipe.

Also, I hope you realize it's not as simple as "just use a slot style maf" to convert to blow through on a turbo car.

How well did the sct MAF work for you? i was told to stay away from sct by my tuner...(not directly but more or less lol) as far as running a blow through setup i would have to cut the cold side piping and install a 3inch tube and mount the slot style into that...and probably extend the maf harness. What else do you know of that needs to be done Tabres?

b00stin

Established Member
probably could run it here

2011-10-22_19-30-43_479.jpg

Helomech74

Established Member
I would just get a weld on slot maf mount and weld it in the middle of that straight section in the picture.

b00stin

Established Member
I would just get a weld on slot maf mount and weld it in the middle of that straight section in the picture.

the only issue with that is the intercooler piping is only 2.5 inches... ideally you want 3 inch pipe for the maf. I may be sticking with what i have...a little modification and i think it will work.

Helomech74

Established Member
I didn't realize the piping was that small. Why would they make it so small? Simple enough, get a step coupler from 2.5" to 3 or 3.5" and change the tubing from that coupler in the picture up to the throttle body. I know Hellion makes a 3" coupler for the throttle body because I'm using one on my car.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
I run a 4 inch maf and upper section of tube, its just a little further back from stock and the intercooler pipping is 3". the maf is a 95mm sniper unit(pmas electronics) and the car runs good.
th_068.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread