'96 Cobra vs 03-04 Mach1

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
As I was heading back to work from getting some delicious Whataburger during lunch I had a nice encounter with a white Mach 1. I was going 70mph and the guy in the Mach gave me the most race ready look of all times, he meant business. He downshifted into 3rd and gave me nod to go, I downshifted to get ready to honk it off but when he heard me downshift he took off so I had to play chase. I caught up to him and shut it down once I got to his passenger door. A necessary round 2 was needed so I slowed down to 70mph again and this time he waited for the 3 honks. He got the jump on me as I was doing the 3rd honk . He jumped ahead and his rear bumper was at my fender but I started to reel him in once my rpm's got past 6k. I shifted to 4th and started pulling on him at a good pace. I shut it off at 115-118 and had put at least 1.5-2 car lenghts.

Mods to my car are:
4.10s, shortrunner intake, JLT, Mac lt's, catback, alum driveshaft.

The Mach from what I could see and hear was lowered, had loud exhaust, tinted tails, 275 rear tires on stock Mach wheels, tinted headlights. So not much info on it.

Last edited:

siLversLeigh

Established Member
As I was heading back to work from getting some delicious Whataburger during lunch I had a nice encounter with a white Mach 1. I was going 70mph and the guy in the Mach gave me the most race ready look of all times, he meant business. .

That's funny as hell. lol

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice kill. Your car looks sexy from the back. :-D

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Thanks guys:beer:

Nice kill, man..

Car looks good man..it almost looks like you poilished you exhaust pipes..
sweet!

They are polished, this is my second polished exhaust. My first one was a bassani catback with the slash cut tips that are at a sideways angle, not straight up-down. Sore hands I tell ya'!

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Thanks guys:beer:

They are polished, this is my second polished exhaust. My first one was a bassani catback with the slash cut tips that are at a sideways angle, not straight up-down. Sore hands I tell ya'!

Out of curiosity, did you polish them?? If so what did you use? Metal polisher or something to that affect. By hand or orbital?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Out of curiosity, did you polish them?? If so what did you use? Metal polisher or something to that affect. By hand or orbital?

Yes I did them by hand using the sandpaper method posted here on the website. Used Blue Magic polish to finish it off.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Yes I did them by hand using the sandpaper method posted here on the website. Used Blue Magic polish to finish it off.

Thanks man for the information...I think I just found my next project. A little polish would give the undercarriage an extra nice look..like your..:beer:

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ You are gonna get waxed buddy. lol

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Yes I installed an '03 IRS

Yea there's not many n/a cobras around my area, there is quite a bit of Mach 1's but I never really run into any that want to wind out their cars a little.

I am actually kind of surprised that you have that many MACHs in your area. They only mad 6,XXX in the 2003 and 7,XXX in 2004. Total of about 14K ever made...That is really not a lot of cars made for a two year run. Hell, that total is less than some cars that are put out in 6 months.

If I am not mistaken, the white/black stripes are the rarest of the ones made..and the MACH is the least made in those years out of the GT and SVT Cobra...

..someone correct me if I am mistaken

Also cool thing about MACH1's is that they maintained a lineage. They get the "R"Code designation in the Vin# for a 428 Cobra Jet motor..

Now, if Ford only put a SC on it...............

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread