96 head and cammed gt

thasalvoo

Well i am selling my black 96 gt coupe... it has a 2004 4.6l gt motor with VM ported and polished heads, comp cams stage 2 cam, mach 1 high compression pistons. Also has a fresh brand new built t45 rated for 600hp with about 500 miles on it. The car is in pretty good condition for the year, there are a few dings here and there and the paint nees a some freshening up.
Performance mods:
2004 gt motor 25k miles
VM ported and polished heads
Custom comp stage 2 cams
beehive valve springs
Mach 1 high compression pistons
steeda intake
polished upper plenum
mac prochamber (non-catted)
magnaflow magnapack stainless exhaust
built T45 tranny (brand new)
diablo tuned
FRPP aluminum flywheel
King cobra clutchw/ brand new tob
FRPP 4:10 rear gear with fresh rear end

Exterior mods
Cobra brake system
13" drilled slotted front rotors / 10.5" drilled slotted rear
Russell steel brake lines
cobra calipers
performance friction hp pads
Ford racing C lowering springs
Monroe gas struts
17" deep dish cobra R wheels... gunmetal w/ polished lip
275 tire up front on a 9" wheel
315 tire in rear on a 10.5" wheel

the car made 326rwhp and 338rwtq on the dyno
these numbers were with headers...the car as it sits is at about 308rwhp and 315rwtq

The body has about 105k on it ..motor about 25k and tranny about 500miles
I will be posting pics here shortly, i just wanted to get some ideas on what the car is worth... I appreciate your interest
sal

pics on second page

Last edited:

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
FYI the mods would only add value to someone if the person buying it saw value in the mods. I sold my 97 Cobra with a whole new motor etc etc, for just waht the motor cost to install and build. not taking into account it has suspension, a rear end, rims, etc etc. I'm guessing your car has a value between $6500 and $8000.

I let my Cobra go for 10 and it had 90K on the clock and 15K on the motor.

I would,however, like to see some pics of this car.

fast02gt

Established Member
Nice numbers! The higher compression is what netted you more power def. I was gonna go high compresssion on my 02 GT. Post some pics!

thasalvoo

Thanks guys for the interest... i will be posting pics here asap..
doubletrouble thanks for your honesty, That is about what i was expecting.
7k seems about right

The99ta

Established Member
would you be willing to meet me and if so how far would you drive? I would like to see some pics as well. Any issues at all?

thasalvoo

i really dont know where we can meet... ill be posting pics and a vid of the car...only issue is the ac compressor went out, but that will be fixed with a fresh one this week. I guess a bearing went out on it. This car is awesome i just need something better on gas... theres a vid of the motor on www.racerelated.com

thasalvoo

this has been my daily driver for almost 2 and a half years... driveability is awesome and gas mileage is great for a car of this caliber.... I am moving and will be making a lot of highway trip 150 miles each way...so this car is not feasable.

thasalvoo

power everything, mach 460 system, cd player, no leather cloth black with grey inserts, white indiglo gauge overlays, looks awesome at night, i also have some lunar gauges/ water temp and oil pressure that need to be hooked up

The99ta

Established Member
you going to post pics??

Why did you take the headers off? What is the story with the rebuild? Why did you chose the route you did? I am not saying its a bad setup, but why not forge everything. Or why start with a GT motor? Just curious!

if you would rather email me thats cool too - [email protected]

Eric

thasalvoo

pics will be up by tomorrow night...i bought this motor already built like this from a good friend of mine who owns racerelated. It is a n/a high compression motor and does not need to be forged... This motor would be great for nitrous.As far as the headers, i couldnt afford them at the time, and couldnt pass this motor up. Im telling you its awesome, i put a lot of money into this car and its going to be hard to let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread