96 Mystic Cobra Coyote Swap Inside

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Hey all its been awhile sense I posted. I found a immaculate 96 Mystic Cobra for a unbeatable price of 9500 and had to jump on it. The 94 cobra started to show its age with 300,000 miles on the body. Rust everywhere, electrical problems, etc. Swapped everything over to the Mystic in 2 weeks. Unfortunately I can not bring myself to cut the mystic hood and to paint a cowl hood it is 1300 dollars total. So the cobra jet intake will soon be going up for sale. I currently have the stock intake and tune on it know it made 380ish at the wheel the last time I dynoed the stock tune. The major change other then the car is the new addition of the Power by the Hour accessory bracket kit. Which I highly recommend, very nice kit. It allows the uses of the factory accessories in the factory locations. Yep that right! Please enjoy the pics and let me know if you have any questions.
DSC00196_zps063af6a4.jpg
DSC00249_zps68334a28.jpg
DSC00228_zps10fefb5e.jpg
DSC00222_zps62753814.jpg
DSC00206_zpsf8453fc9.jpg
DSC00199_zps065227bc.jpg
DSC00197_zps4aaca9ba.jpg

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Nice work! How much are you going to be asking for the Cobra Jet intake setup? I have a coyote that I'm contemplating swapping into my mystic also.

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Who did the Coyote swap?
Where exactly are you located?
When can we become friends? ;)

I just started a coyote swap into my road race (sorta)Mystic 96 Cobra and I have lots of questions.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
AWESOME! I was curious when a build thread would show up. You still in the area or have you moved?

CWO

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Are you talking to me? If so, I haven't moved. I'm still in NOVA. Do I know you?
I wasn't planning a build thread but maybe I should. I know I'm not the first to do the swap into a 4V Cobra but maybe I'll be the first to have TWO Coyote swaps? :) I have a 98 Cobra street car with 135,000 miles and a 65 Mustang hardtop with nearly 300,000 miles that needs an engine.
AWESOME! I was curious when a build thread would show up. You still in the area or have you moved?

CWO

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
sorry for the late reply

Just moved to Hawaii, I did all the work except for the tuning and that was handled at Dyno Tuned performance in Virginia Beach. Brent there handled the tune and did a excellent job i might add. The car made 375 rwhp with just long tubes stock ford tune. Then he tuned it with just a fabricated air intake consisting of a open filter and a cut stock air box to make it fit it did 409 rwhp. And finnally it did 418 rwhp with a JLT cold air. Mind you this is with powersteering and a/c with 4.30 gears in the rearend. It is smooth as glass and gets to 130 in a hurry (max out in fourth, no point to race in fifth). If you have any question please let me know technecally this is my second coyote swap into a sn-95. Took me 2 weeks by my self to do.

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Hey, Sneaky, thanks for chiming in. I'm still a little unsure how I'll handle the wiring. I guess that's my biggest unknown. Am I going to end up bypassing all of the factory wiring and just extending everything I need from the control pack harness? Since mine isn't a street car, I think all I really need are gauges, fuel pump, battery, brakes lights and that's about it.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
What alternator did you use? If you used a 96-04 alternator did you cut and splice your old connector onto the new FRPP harness? I am almost done with mine and the alternator plug does not work with my 97 alternator. I can not buy a voltage regulator to swap on as they do not sell them seperate, did you use a new 2011+ alternator? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread